Monday, February 09, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY February 9, 2009

Outside my window... the sun is shining! The weather forecast was for wet snow this morning, but the sun is shining!
I am thinking... of all the things I need and want to do this week - I'm excited!
I am thankful for... how smoothly everything went yesterday. No hassle, no frantic last-minute rushing around. All was planned carefully and the Lord allowed it to all come together smoothly!
From the kitchen... leftovers! We had some leftovers from the meal we took yesterday, so we'll be eating those tonight and tomorrow.
I am wearing... a black skirt and striped tee.
I am creating... a couple of small quilts, a fat quarter purse, and cards. I found a cute pattern for a dress card from Paper Crafts magazine (Sam gave me a subscription for Christmas) that I want to play with. You can download the pattern here if you'd like to try it too.
I am going... nowhere today. I love a full day at home!
I am reading... my Bible (in Leviticus); For Women Only: What You Need to Know About the Inner Lives of Men by Shaunti Feldman. I saw this book recommended somewhere in my surfing and got it from interlibrary loan. So far it's been good, but I've read some reviews that make me want to reserve my opinion on it till I've read the whole thing and talked about it with my husband.
I am hoping... that we'll have more sunshine this week.
I am hearing... Andrew whistling as he works on school.
Around the house... I want to get my kitchen cleaned up good - lots of cooking and stacking going on in there last week; declutter and organize my pantry - next week is our monthly grocery shopping and it looks like a grocery store threw up in there!
One of my favorite things... reading in bed
A few plans for the rest of the week . . . sewing, cardmaking, reading, grading schoolwork, making some overdue phone calls to family, going out to dinner Friday night with some other couples from church to celebrate Valentine's Day.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

My husband enjoying the anniversary service yesterday. This makes my heart happy!

For more simple plans and pleasures, visit the Simple Woman's Daybook blog!

2 comments:

  1. Rejoicing with you on your big day! Enjoy your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the start of a busy week....have a great one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin