Saturday, February 07, 2009

Saturday's Busyness

Hi! We're getting ready for our church's 4th anniversary tomorrow, so Wes and I have been busy the past couple of days trying to get everything ready for that. He has put together gift bags to give to each family that comes, some little things that will remind them of our church, and buying all the plates and things for the meal. I've been cooking. On Thursday I made meatballs for meatballs in brown gravy and browned the meat for Egg Noodle Lasagna and put them in the freezer. I also got the cheese ready for the lasagna. Both of those meals will go in the crockpot early tomorrow morning. This morning I made a huge, ginormous banana pudding. It's in my biggest mixing bowl, and it took 2 cups of flour, 3 cups of sugar, 12 cups of milk, 2 dozen eggs, 3 boxes of vanilla wafers, and about a dozen bananas. And a couple of hours of stirring! LOL So I'm all set, and Wes is finishing his sermon preparation. Please pray for our little church tomorrow morning as we welcome visitors and present to them the Gospel. Our families have been working hard to get people to come!

My next activity today will be to wrap up my Sunday school lesson. We're expecting several visiting children tomorrow, and I want Sunday school to be a fun new experience for them, while at the same time presenting the Gospel in a way that they can understand. My prayer is that the tiny Seed that I sow tomorrow will one day take root and grow. I'd also LOVE to see some children beg their parents to return to church so they can come to Sunday school! ;)

Thank you all for your comments about the fabric I picked up this week. I got another bag of fabric on Thursday, but it's more fashion fabrics than quilting, lots of silky and knit stuff. I have put aside some of the quilting fabric for two little quilts to begin my quilting journey: the Doll Quilt Sew-Along at Sew, Mama, Sew (where it's Fat Quarter Month - a different FQ project every day!) and the Mimi Kicks Stash quilt-along at The Happy Zombie. I get so overwhelmed just trying to choose fabrics! LOL I know what I like, but I get scared that the colors and fabrics won't look good together as a quilt. I figured with these two little quilts I can practice a little till I get a little more confidence.

I've lost a total of 8.5 lbs. since mid-January. I'm very pleased with doing WW points, and a little surprised that I'm losing weight relatively easily. The metformin (diabetes medication) that I started taking last fall is known for helping suppress the appetite and lose a little weight. I'm so thankful now that my doctor insisted that I try it! Last week was rough, as we had Beth's birthday, but this week has been easier to stick with my points.

Well, I need to get back to finishing up my work for the day. I pray that each of you have a blessed weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Your 'nanner' puddin' looks yummy!!!
    We will pray for your church as you celebrate tomorrow and as you present the amazing Gospel of Christ. Make sure you let us know how it goes. Praying souls will be saved!

    Congrats on your weight loss. I was seriously thinking about how good a bowl of ice cream would be and then I read your post and decided against it. Thanks!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your special day goes wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin