Friday, February 13, 2009

Prayer for Another Friend

After all the festivities over the weekend, we got a call from our good friend, Bro. Ben Turner, pastor of Anchor Baptist Church in Burnaby, BC, a suburb of Vancouver. He had called on Sunday to see how things went, and was as upbeat and encouraging as always. On Monday, he called back and talked a little more in-depth to Wes. One of the things he told my husband is that he has been diagnosed with cancer. Bro. Turner is a young man in his 30s, so this was quite a shock to us. The good news is that the cancer hasn't spread, and his prognosis is good for a complete recovery. He's scheduled for surgery on March 9th, and we're praying for a quick and complete recovery for him. His wife is Becky, and they have 3 young children. Please pray for them as the Lord brings them to mind. They're doing a wonderful job with their church and the Lord is blessing them.

Bro. Turner started a blog this week to record his journey, Ben's Journey of Faith. You can read a little more detail there, and maybe leave him a comment to let him know you're praying for him.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan! Do you know how we can leave a comment on Bro. Turner's website? I am not sure what to do. I would like to be an encouragement to him and let him know our family is praying. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shari, his blog is a Wordpress blog. When I clicked on "comments" it said I have to log in, but I don't have an account there. So I have no idea! I didn't realize that when I posted his blog address. I'll check and see what you need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers just said for him & his family. Hope he gets well soon...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin