Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Mommy Survey

I saw this survey about "your firstborn" on a friend's Facebook page this morning. It was fun to read, so I thought I'd do it too. If you'd like to join in, copy it and write in your own answers. Let me know if you do it!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Ecstatically happy! We had been trying for a couple of years, going through some testing and such to see if anything was wrong. I was under a doctor's monthly care, so any sign of pregnancy resulted in a pregnancy test - which meant I knew almost as soon as it was possible to know.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Absolutely not

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 23

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Blood test at the doctor's office, phoned for the results

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? My husband

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? No, we liked being surprised

9. DUE DATE? December 5, 1988

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? No

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Meat, pepper, and chocolate-covered doughnuts! But not all together.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? I don't think I was too irritable, till near the end. I was so huge that nothing fit, even my biggest dress, so I cried because I had nothing to wear! Wes might remember better whether or not I was irritable! ;)

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Boy

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No, I was happy with my little boy

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 45 - it was horrible! LOL

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Two - with my family and friends in SC when we visited there, and one after he was born, with our church family in SD.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about both

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? My blood pressure was a problem the last 3 months. I was on partial bed rest - had to lie down a couple of hours morning, afternoon, evening, then they expected me to sleep all night.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Ellsworth AFB, Rapid City, SD

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? About 9

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? I drove myself. I had a scheduled doctor's appointment that day, and they decided to induce while I was there. Wes was at work across the base, so they sent someone for him.

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Wes was the only person with me other than doctors and nurses

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? I had one shot of morphine, but it didn't seem to help any

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8 lbs. 12 oz.

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? December 12, 1988 - 5:38 p.m.

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Samuel David

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 20

3 comments:

  1. Susan---think we were stationed at Ellsworth the same time, did you live in base housing?
    Deby
    btw--two of my kids were 8lb. 12 oz.---the first two....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,
    wow it was so interesting reading your responses to the questions. I'm afraid that I was not a believer when I found about our first child but both my husband and I were born again christians before our son was a year old. Praise God.
    Hope you are doing well.
    hugs Sandra nz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deby, I emailed you to find out more! It's amazing how paths cross in life, isn't it?

    Sandra, praise the Lord for His grace in your life! My parents weren't saved when I was born, but the Lord saved them when I was 6 years old. I'm so glad He changed our home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin