Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Little of This and That

Edited to correct the link for my other blog! Sorry about that!

After an overnight snowfall, it's a pretty day here in North Vancouver. Not exactly sunny, but not exactly cloudy, either. I'm just glad it's not snowing anymore! We got a good dusting of snow, enough to make it pretty without hindering traffic and making life miserable for those of us who need to get out today. I think it's supposed to warm up into the 40s today too, so it should be a pretty nice day.

I've been posting a little bit over at my other blog, With Heart and Hand. It began as a homemaking blog not long after I started this one, and I kept it going well for quite a while. Then it got to be too much, so I kept the blog without posting on it. Then I started again, things got busy, and I quit again. They say the third time's the charm, so we'll see. What keeps me going back are the messages I get occasionally that say my keepin-it-real style has been a help to people. I usually feel not so alone when I know someone else is going through something I've struggled with. And believe me, I've had my housekeeping ups and downs. Just letting you know it's there, should you care to take a peek.

Another new thing I'm doing is Twitter. Most people say "What's a Twitter?" Well, it's a social networking site where you leave little snippets of what you're doing throughout the day, kind of like live-blogging, but you're doing it in tiny increments - 140-character increments, to be exact. The limit for each "tweet" (update) is 140 characters, so you're forced to keep it short and sweet. My primary goal for using it is to be an encouragement spiritually and in homekeeping. So if you'd like to follow me, you can just click right here and go right to my page, or you can click on the little button with the bird on it in my left sidebar that says Follow Me. You probably have to register to follow, but it's free and you don't have to give any personal information - just make up a user name and password. And who knows? You just might start tweeting yourself!

Our dryer died on Tuesday. It had been making some horrible screeching noises, which sounded like a belt slipping to us. Well, when I went down to get the first load out Tuesday morning, I could smell "hot motor" as soon as I opened the basement door. The repairman stopped by yesterday to diagnose the problem, which was indeed a burned-up motor. He came back today to replace the motor, and we should be all set for a while now. My first load is washing right now.

I got some pictures from Sam yesterday. Last week was the Spring Banquet at school. We gave him a new digital camera for Christmas, so he kindly sent us some pictures! ;) Here he is with his date for the event.


That's it for now. Have a great day, and thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hi...just clicked on your link for your other blog, and somehow I think you pasted the wrong url in...you might want to have a look!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin