Saturday, February 21, 2009

Catching Up . . .

Beth informed me today that it's been a week since I last blogged. I'm sorry! It's not that I haven't been online, I just haven't taken the time or energy to compose a blog post. To be honest, I've made a renewed effort not to get online till my devotions and morning housework are done, and that usually takes me all morning by the time I add in cooking and all the little things that pop up in the course of a morning. Then the day is in full swing, so I just read blogs, make a few comments here and there, and check and return emails. I finally sit down with my computer late at night, and by then I just want to relax and not have to think all that much. I'll try to do better in the future!

I'm still trying to lose weight. The points are still working . . . when I stick to the plan! I've only lost 1 pound in the past couple of weeks, and it's because I'll be good for a couple of days, then blow it for a couple of days. Kind of "one step forward, two steps back" sort of thing.

I've been reading quite a bit. I've recently readRenovating Becky Miller
by Sharon Hinck for fun, and I've also read For Women Only: What You Need to Know About the Inner Lives of Men by Shaunti Feldhahn, a more serious book. Both books are great, in their respective genres. I didn't realize I was getting a sequel with the Becky Miller book, so now I have to go back and read the first book in that series, The Secret Life of Becky Miller
. Sharon Hinck is a favorite author of my blog-friend Barbara of Stray Thoughts; her book recommendations are always right on. For Women Only was an excellent book, one that I believe every married woman should read. I read portions of it to Wes, asking him if certain things were indeed true, and he agreed with the majority of what the author said. I'm planning a review, and I'll include what was the most informative for me and what my husband had to say about it.

Andrew finally got his cast off! His wrist was weak, of course, but he was so glad to have that thing off. The first thing he did was take a shower! LOL If you've ever had a cast, you know how good that first shower feels after it comes off. The doctor said everything looked fine, and he hoped to never see Andrew again. Andrew felt the same way! ;)

I had another doctor's appointment this week. I've had this lesion (for lack of a better word) on the side of my face for several months. It started out as a pimple, but I kept irritating it, and this thing formed in its place. I was a little worried about it, as was Wes, so I finally got the courage to go to the doctor about it. He assured me it is not skin cancer, which was my biggest fear. He gave me some cream to use on it to try to reduce its redness. He said it's "just a lesion" and nothing is wrong. That was a relief, but I'm still going to keep my eye on it!

Wes and I took our monthly shopping trip Friday. There is a new Sonic along the way, just across the US border in Ferndale, only one of four Sonics in WA. So of course we had to stop for lunch! That's part of my one-step-forward-two-steps-back of this week! LOL I got a diet Cherry Limeade, of course, and enjoyed it thoroughly. It was like a taste of home! ;) Now if somebody will just open a Cracker Barrel somewhere between here and Seattle, we'll have all our favorite restaurants within a couple of hours!

So you can see we're just pluggin' along, everyday life just happening. I'll try not to be so scarce in the future. Maybe I should make a blogging schedule to keep me on track. have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Cracker Barrel----I agree and I have never been to one...but I have heard about them and want to go SOOO bad...
    Glad you skin problem turned out good...it is always better to be safe and have things checked out.....
    Blog when you can...that's the beauty of it.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked the Becky Miller book! I've been wanting to go back and reread them, but I have so many books to read stacked up. I feel I better get to those first,

    I looove Sonic's and we have two in town, but none near enough to go to for lunch. :-( That's probably a good thing, though; else I'd be there too much. I love their munchy crunchy ice. And Cracker Barrel is one of my all time favorites, but my family doesn't care for it. Every now an then I'll met friends there for lunch.

    So glad your skin lesion wasn't cancerous! I watch skin changes closely, too, as with fair skin, several sunburns, and a dad and a granddad with skin cancer in my history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK BETH FOR POINTING THIS OUT, I'VE MISSED YOU! HA. GLAD YOU GOT A SONIC TREAT! HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEK.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin