Monday, February 02, 2009

A Blessing from the Lord!

I know this is my third post today . . . either feast or famine with me, huh? But I just had to tell you about my blessing today!

I saw a listing on Craigslist on Saturday for a free bag of quilting supplies. I've been wanting to try quilting for a long time, but I just never had the money to put into a quilt. So I asked for this bag. I never heard from the lady all weekend, so I assumed it was gone already. This morning, though, there was an email in my inbox from her saying I could come pick them up this morning! She lives just right down the road from me, so I went right down and got them.

It wasn't a huge bag of fabrics, but I believe I can make a few things from them! She had them all folded neatly, and they feel like they've already been washed - none of them have that stiff, brand-new-fabric feel to them. I stacked them on the table, separated into colors . . .







There are also a few quilting supplies she included: some hoops, a bias square (I don't have a clear idea on that one yet!), some vinyl template sheets, and a few other things that I'll have to figure out as I go. I'm just so thrilled. Now I need to play . . . just got to find the extra time. That's the story of my life right now!

9 comments:

  1. How exciting for you! I recognize a few of those fabrics.

    Can't wait to see your first quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan! How very special! What a find! I'm so glad you were the one to get the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun. That looks like nice fabric, too! :-)

    I have recently used Craigslist to get rid of several large household items and made a few extra dollars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI SUSAN. I'M HAPPY FOR YOU. I LOVE QUILTS!
    I'VE NEVER MADE ONE, MY GRANDMOTHERS WERE WONDERFUL QUILTERS. (IF THAT'S THE RIGHT WORD)
    CONGRATS ON THE 5 POUNDS TOO! THATS GREAT!
    I STARTED MY DIET YESTERDAY, FEB. 1. I'VE DONE OK SO FAR. MY BIRTHDAY IS MARCH 1, SO I'M HOPING FOR 5 POUNDS OFF BY THEN. I HAVE MUCH MORE THAN THAT TO LOSE, BUT THAT WOULD BE A WONDERFUL PRESENT TO ME FROM ME! I THOUGHT OF YOU TODAY. CALE HAD AN ORTHODONTIST APP. TODAY IN TUPELO, AND HE LET ME CHOOSE WHERE WE ATE, SO GUESS WHERE I CHOSE.... YEP, CB! I REALLY ALMOST FEEL GUILTY WHEN I EAT THERE NOW KNOWING HOW MUCH YOU LOVE IT TOO. IF I COULD SEND YOU A BIG OLE PLATE OF THEIR FOOD, I WOULD. IT STILL WOULDN'T BE THE SAME, CAUSE PART OF THE LOVE OF CRACKER BARREL IS THE ATMOSPHERE. I WAS A GOOD GIRL AND GOT THE GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD AND DRANK WATER. I AM WRITING A DEVOTION FOR KJV BLOG WED. PRAY FOR ME. THIS IS MY FIRST! THANKS.

    YOU'RE A BLESSING. HAVE A GREAT NIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the Lord has blessed you richly! I love the fabric and free!!!!! Have fun with the fabrics. I have been playing with my fabric a lot lately! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!

    I don't quilt but love a good find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a wonderful thing. I made a pink pathcwork quilt last year and I found it very theraputic but it was so time consuming..

    Happy sewing.

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a great blessing!!!
    Now you have no excuse. Can't wait to see the first quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful fabrics...I recognize some Thimbleberries fabrics in there! You could get a nice size quilt out of those fabrics alone!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin