Friday, February 27, 2009

Barnabas Award

One of my dearest blogging friends, Barbara from Stray Thoughts, has honored me with the Barnabas Award, created by Lizzie at A Dusty Frame for all the encouragers in her life. I must say that Barbara has been one of those encouragers for me, and it just makes my day to know that she considered me one too!

Here are the rules for this award:

*Link back to the person who gave you the award.

*Use Lizzie’s graphic (leaving her blog address on it)

*Share it with anyone who encourages you whether or not their blog is “spiritual”.

*Share this explanation

“Barnabas worked with the Apostle Paul.

We remember him for his encouragement and generosity. In this spirit, I’d like to let you know that you are a Barnabas in my life. Thank you!”

I agree with Barbara that narrowing down just a few people is the hard part! I read a LOT of blogs (thanks to Google Reader for making that a manageable task!), and there are so many that encourage me or help me in some way. For this one, I chose some of my oldest blogging friends, along with a few newer ones. Of course, all my of my readers and commenters are a great blessing to me each day - thank you all for reading!

Deb and her family at Mountain Musings: Every post encourages me in some part of life, whether it be homemaking, church, or crafting. Deb's family is living out their faith in everyday life!

Mrs. C at Riverbend Ramblings: A fellow Baptist pastor's wife whom I've known through our blogs and an online forum for several years now. She has such a calm spirit that I quickly click on her blog when I see it's updated.

Tammy at Tammy's Times: I've known Tammy through a forum and her blog for probably 7 years or so. We've met "in real life" and kept our friendship going all this time. We've chatted a good bit behind the scenes over the years, and hopefully encouraged each other along the way. And the best news of all is that she is expecting her first baby soon!

Deby at Apples of Gold: She's a sweetheart whom I've also met in real life. Her posts are always encouraging and uplift the Lord, and she has a generous, giving heart.

Bren at Pieces From Me: I first ran across Bren when she was having a giveaway to celebrate her blog's anniversary. To enter the contest each day, she asked a question whose answer was somewhere on her blog. Through that week of contest entries, I learned a lot about this lady and her heart. She's dedicated to her family and her Savior, and she's not a bad quilter, either! ;) She is very patiently answering all my questions about quilting, and looking at my pictures to give me good advice.

Sophia at Frugal Ideas From the Parsonage: Yet another pastor's wife, Sophia shares ways to save money and be creative at the same time. She always encourages me to think outside the box with my crafting - although I haven't learned it too well yet!

Cindy at Sew Blessed: Cindy sews and smocks beautiful things for her children and for charity. Several times I've commented on her projects, and she has always said, "You can do it too!" What an encourager!

I hope you'll find these bloggers as encouraging as I do. Stop by their blogs and visit with them!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I have enjoyed reading your blog over the past year. It's exciting to see what the Lord is doing in your family, and your ministry there in Canada.

    Have a great day!
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan...you are so sweet to think of me!!! Thank You!!!!

    And congrat's to you as well. I think you are very encouraging and a blessing to those in your life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, Susan ~ how very special that you listed our family as being an encouragement to you. Thank you so much...certainly nothing that we do that's so great, but it's all by the Lord's grace.

    Your blog (and family) have definitely been an encouragment to us here. We appreciate folks who serve as missionaries spreading the Good News in places where we aren't able to. You are our ambassadors to Canadians - thank you!! And thank you for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan...thank you for this....you are such a dear woman who sure lives for the Lord...
    I am so glad that we have met in real life....
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Susan. I found your blog through Cheryl I think. I have loved reading here and at your Heart and Hand blog also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin