Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sweet 16

Our little girl is 16 years old today! I can't believe how quickly these years have flown by. In celebration of our girl's 16 years, I want to tell you 16 reasons why we love Beth . . .

1. She has a sweet, calm spirit.
2. Sometimes she doesn't get jokes, causing her brothers to accuse her of being blonde.
3. She spends her money wisely.
4. She helps around the house (she's more like my right arm than just a help!).
5. She loves her friends dearly.
6. She has a giving heart.
7. She is faithful to read her Bible every morning.
8. She's not afraid to be different.
9. She makes beautiful jewelry!
10. She knows what she likes in clothes and jewelry, and she has modest, sensible taste.
11. She bakes!
12. She is creative.
13. She is obedient.
14. She is submissive to the Lord's will for her life.
15. She looks like her Daddy - and acts like him too.
16. She is ours! And we are so thankful for that.

Beth was our "surprise" baby. We had always wanted a girl, but we didn't expect to have another baby when we did. I was almost 4 months along with her before I realized I was pregnant (long story for another time!). I wasn't so sure that I wanted another baby just 18 months after my second, but here she came. And we have never been sorry about any of our children and the timing of their birth. The Lord has blessed us with 3 fantastic children, and we're so glad for our surprise little girl He tacked on at the end! :)

Happy Birthday, Beth! We love you more than we can say!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Beth.

    God Bless,
    The Smith Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Beth. Sounds like you are a much treasured daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy sweet sixteen birthday Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy bd young lady & God Bless. Sounds like your folks raised you right...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post. I love seeing mother and daughters who are close...but the mother is still the mother and not just the friend.

    You make me excited for my girls to grow up! I pray the serve the Lord and are happy to be different as well.

    Lula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Beth! What a lovely young lady in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your dear Beth----I hope it was wonderful---sure sounds like she is...(think her mom is too !!!)
    Deby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin