Our little girl is 16 years old today! I can't believe how quickly these years have flown by. In celebration of our girl's 16 years, I want to tell you 16 reasons why we love Beth . . .
1. She has a sweet, calm spirit.
2. Sometimes she doesn't get jokes, causing her brothers to accuse her of being blonde.
3. She spends her money wisely.
4. She helps around the house (she's more like my right arm than just a help!).
5. She loves her friends dearly.
6. She has a giving heart.
7. She is faithful to read her Bible every morning.
8. She's not afraid to be different.
9. She makes beautiful jewelry!
10. She knows what she likes in clothes and jewelry, and she has modest, sensible taste.
11. She bakes!
12. She is creative.
13. She is obedient.
14. She is submissive to the Lord's will for her life.
15. She looks like her Daddy - and acts like him too.
16. She is ours! And we are so thankful for that.
Beth was our "surprise" baby. We had always wanted a girl, but we didn't expect to have another baby when we did. I was almost 4 months along with her before I realized I was pregnant (long story for another time!). I wasn't so sure that I wanted another baby just 18 months after my second, but here she came. And we have never been sorry about any of our children and the timing of their birth. The Lord has blessed us with 3 fantastic children, and we're so glad for our surprise little girl He tacked on at the end! :)
Happy Birthday, Beth! We love you more than we can say!