Thursday, January 22, 2009

Paper Crafting Thursday

It's been a while since I've participated in Kelli's Paper Crafting Thursday, and I want to jump back in. I want to show you my favorite card of the ones I've made recently.

I hit upon this soft color scheme and ran with it. I love the colors - a deep red, black, cream, and cocoa. I covered 3/4 of the card with the red designer paper, then the other 1/4 with black and cream check designer paper, both from K & Company, I believe.


This particular card resulted from a mistake. I made several cards with this theme, and while I was scoring one of them, I pushed too hard and cut into the fold line. So I turned it to portrait position and threaded a ribbon through the slit! The stamp is from the Floral Flourishes set by Inkadinkado.


I lined the inside with a sheet of white paper and stamped "Thinking of You" from a clear set that I got in the $1.50 bin at Michaels (those of you in the US get them for $1.00!).

I made the paper lace with a Martha Stewart border punch that was a gift from a friend. I've made several strips of this in several colors so I can just grab one and use it on whatever I'm doing - love it!

This card and several others are listed in my Etsy shop. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to run by Kelli's Paper Crafting Thursday to see what other ladies are crafting this week! Kelli also has a beautiful Etsy shop; go by and look at some of her gorgeous tags - I love her work.

8 comments:

  1. I can see why it is favourite

    It is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely, Susan! And that's a great idea to make up several pieces of the lace to have at the ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous card Susan...I love all the touches...those colors are favorite combinations of mine...GOOD job...Need to start unpacking my hobby room....just haven't bounced back as fast as I thought I would...what's the rush?
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments, ladies! Deby, there is no rush at all - take your time unpacking your hobby room and make it everything you want when you do. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful love the colors you used!

    Have a wonderful night!

    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love those colors, too! Very beautiful and the paper lace is the perfect touch!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful colours and wonderful designs.

    Thankyou for sharing them

    Clare

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin