Saturday, January 03, 2009

Needed: One Blog Break

Happy New Year! I really can't believe it's 2009 already. It seems like just a few weeks ago that we were all planning for Y2K, wondering what the future might hold entering the new millennium. That was nine years ago. How quickly even a decade passes these days! ;)

After my December Daily posts, I feel that I need a bloggy break. Wes and I are busy - so busy! The other day I was reading the blog of an assistant pastor, and he said he finally quit saying, "It's not always this busy" because it IS always this busy. I kept thinking all last year that it's "not always this busy." Well . . . I'm beginning to understand that it's always this busy. Working in a church ministry is busy, no matter what the size of the church. I flew through the Christmas season feeling like I was barely hanging on, wondering when I was going to get in the Christmas spirit, and then the season was over. The sad thing is that I feel busy but I don't see a lot around me to indicate that I've done much!

We're going to a pastor's conference next week, then it's back to school and Sunday school lessons and piano arrangements and all my household duties for me. I will be around the bloggy world, posting and reading when I can. Please be patient as I once again rearrange my activities to try to fit my priorities. I want to keep blogging in there, and I will post as much as I can! Thank you all for reading - I'll be back soon!

10 comments:

  1. Susan, enjoy your blog break! Don't you wish everyone in blogland would just say, "January off!" and no one would blog, no one would need to go read blogs, and everyone would return refreshed?! Just a thought. See you when you get back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan. I completely understand your busy-ness! But, please know that your blog is such a ministry and blessing to me. I was telling another pastors wife about you the other night. I told her that I feel like I know you personally. I believe that would be classified under "kindred spirits". You enjoy your January. I guess I'm still so new at this bloggin' stuff, I'd be miserable without it. But the day may come when I have to take a break. Don't break for long, I'd miss you!!!!

    Love and Prayers,
    Your Southern friend Liesa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Susan, where is the conference?

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy your time off
    happy new year, susan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, that might be a good idea! I'd get tired of it way before a month was over, though!

    Liesa, thanks for your kind words. I'm not taking a whole month, or even completely stopping, just not promising to be here every single day.

    Jess, it's at Faith Baptist Church in Tacoma, WA, pastor Mark Smith. It's an annual thing called Preacher's Delight - and that's what it is. It's kind of our post-holiday two-day mini vacation. We plan for it every year, right into the school calendar and everything.

    Happy New Year, Sandy! I do plan to enjoy my time away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making an eternal difference in your work for the Lord. So often, though, it doesn't look "eternal". It looks like planning, cleaning, listening, caring...I thank the Lord for women like you. My Mom is one of those who was a Pastor's wife for many years. Her witness to me meant so much! I am sure your children are watching you too and they will rise up and call you blessed!

    Enjoy your time away from this particular pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe we all need those bloggy breaks from time to time. Enjoy your time away from it for a while and we look forward to hearing from you when you have more time.

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your break and the conference! I will miss your post but understand the need for a break.

    Love ya,
    Margaret

    PS tell Beth Sydney loves those striped socks she is wearing in the Christmas pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there don't know IF you will have any puter time...we plan on being there tonight, Tuesday..either way...praying we can connect...
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mrs. Hutchens!
    It was great to see you and your family at Preacher's Delight! :) Hope you made it home safely! Tell everyone we said hello! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin