Tuesday, January 27, 2009

An Early Party - and a Week-Long Birthday

Beth's birthday is Thursday, which is our Bible study night. She is turning 16. This is my baby, y'all. How can this be?! Anyway, we had her party last night with her friends, because it was the only time that everyone could come. We had 7 girls, ranging in age from 14 to 25 . . . all good friends of Beth's . . . and 2 boys . . . Andrew and his friend Ryan. All these kids and young adults go to different churches, but attend youth activities together, so they're all good friends. Ryan and his sister, Jessica, go to our church.

After we bowled the first game, we stopped for pizza, cake, and presents. Beth received sweet, thoughtful gifts from her friends - a Ty stuffed animal and a candle, a beautiful scarf, and a Lululemon hoodie, which I understand is the fashion accessory to have. Apparently I'm either behind the times or too old to know that. After the food, we bowled another game and our time was up.

Here are some pictures from the evening. You can see more on my Facebook page.





6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Beth! I hope you have a great day and a wondeful year to come! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETH!
    SUSAN, I SURE THOUGHT JUST BY LOOKING AT PIC'S THAT BETH IS OLDER THAN 16. SHE'S A PRETTY YOUNG LADY! MY BABY TURNED 16 DEC. 29, I FEEL YOUR PAIN! HA.
    HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AND A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY WEEK.
    WE LOVE DRAGGIN' OUT BIRTHDAYS AROUND HERE TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel -- my youngest is 15. It is still a shock to me that my youngest is in high school now. The years are going too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and an early Happy Birthday to Beth!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 16th Birthday to Beth!
    Your baby 16. Wow!
    Our eldest turns 16 next month. How bittersweet!
    Time sure flies.

    I enjoyed your photos.
    Look like y'all had a lovely time.
    ~ Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh she is such a beautiful girl, Susan...it looks like they had so much fun....
    oh yes, the time does go by so swiftly..too fast...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin