Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Kendrick: Devastating News

My heart is broken tonight to bring you the results of the pathology report on Kendrick's tumor. Apparently the original biopsy was on the benign part of the tumor, which the doctors thought was the origin of the tumor. However, they now know that the tumor originated in the brain stem and grew into the left hemisphere of Kendrick's brain. The tumor left in the brain stem is malignant. With radiation and chemotherapy treatments, Kendrick has 12-18 months of life left.

We saw a miracle last week. Kendrick wasn't expected to live through the surgery, but he did. I wholeheartedly believe we have a big God who can perform another miracle. At the same time, though, I know that sometimes we have to go through some valleys in life, and some of them are the deepest and darkest we can imagine. And our God is also the God of the valley. I don't know what God will do, and I don't understand this turn of events. Whichever path God has in store for Allen and Alicia, I know that He already knows the way. But sometimes those words don't mean a lot when you're in that valley, you know? Please hold them up through your prayers, just like Aaron and Hur held up Moses' arms when he didn't have the strength to hold them up himself. They just need people to lean on, and for those people to lean on God for them.

As always, you can read their updates at Kendrick's Care Page, and you can also leave them a message there if you'd like.

6 comments:

  1. My heart sank when I read this this morning. Keeping them in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that news Susan. We went through a similar thing with Josh almost 25 years ago, but with his heart. At first we were told it would be ok and two weeks later told he would not live at all. Only by God's healing he lived 2 years. I'll pray for this child and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life changes in the blink of an eye. I'll continue to pray for this family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart is so hurt for this family. I have been praying and will continue to pray as they face these most difficult days. Our church is praying for them also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm praying as well, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is so heartbreaking...and so near a dear to my heart ...you know about my brother..and my mom too from brain cancer 2 1/2 years ago...I will continue to pray for this dear family...
    I tell myself during times like this, the RAPTURE could happen today....stay focused on today....and I still belive in miracles, Susan...
    Deby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin