Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Kendrick: Tuesday

The update from Allen today tells of a day of calm joy, playing with Kendrick, taking a family picture, and their other children praying for their little brother. Tomorrow is the surgery at 6:30 AM Central time. Please continue to pray for them; tomorrow will be a long, long day for Allen and Alicia.

The Care Pages site is down right now for maintenance, so if you'd like to read the current update in full, please visit here . I can't get it to load at the moment, but you should be able to get it by morning.

Here's the chorus of a song I've come to love from our Streams in the Desert CD, produced by West Coast Baptist College. It's called He's Already in Your Tomorrow:

He's already in your tomorrow;
He's walking one step ahead.
Whether it's joy or it's sorrow
He'll do just what He said.
He will never leave you lonely
In the land of the great unknown.
He's already in your tomorrow - Don't be afraid to keep pressing on.

My prayer for Allen and Alicia is that they won't be afraid to keep pressing on; God will never leave them lonely - He's one step ahead!
Deut. 33:26,27 - "There is none like unto the God of Jeshurun, who rideth upon the heaven in thy help, and in his excellency on the sky. The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms . . ."

3 comments:

  1. JUST FROM READING YOUR BLOG, I FEEL LIKE I KNOW THIS FAMILY. I AM PRAYING FOR KENDRICK TODAY, AND HIS FAMILY.

    BY THE WAY, WE DO HAVE ALOT IN COMMON. I WAS BROWSING THE OTHER NIGHT, AND NOTICED YOU LIKE THE SAME SCENT FROM B & B WORKS, AND THERE WERE SEVERAL OTHER THINGS WE HAD IN COMMON.
    I THOUGHT OF YOU WHEN MY DAUGHTER AND I WENT SHOPPING YESTERDAY AFTERNOON. WE ATE SUPPER AT CRACKER BARREL. I WISH YOU HAD ONE THERE! I WAS A BIT EXTRA THANKFUL JUST BECAUSE I KNEW YOU'D LOVE TO HAVE A CB AND DON'T.

    HOW CLOSE TO PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND ARE YOU? THAT IS MY DREAM AS WELL AS NOELLE'S IS TO VISIT THERE SOMEDAY. WE LOVE AVONLEA & ANNE OF GREEN GABLES.

    HAVE A BLESSED WED.

    KEEP POSTING ABOUT LITTLE KENDRICK.

    LIESA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Kendrick and his family. Thank you for posting updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for praying for Kendrick, Liesa! I know his parents and family will appreciate it, even though they may never meet you here on earth! We aren't close to PEI at all! LOL We live on the west coast of Canada, in Vancouver, BC; Prince Edward Island is on the east coast. It's like the distance between Los Angeles and New York. I'm like you, though, I'd love to visit there!

    Tammy, thank you for praying for Kendrick. There are updates being posted all day, but I just gave the link so that everyone can follow it there. I'll give one followup post tonight, like I have been the last two nights.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin