I've put off posting an update on Kendrick all day, waiting for the "official" update by his parents on his Care Page. We went to a revival meeting tonight and have just gotten home where I can get online to read the update. I'll give you snippets of the update, as it was rather long, and if you'd like to, you can go to Kendrick's Care Page and read it in its entirety. I've recognized a few names there from among my readers, and it warms my heart to know that you're taking an interest in this child that you don't know and praying for him.
Here is how things stand tonight:
1. Kendrick did not have surgery today. I learned from his grandmother that they did an MRI to find out exactly the size of this tumor. It turns out that it is larger than they had first thought. It's also a very rare and aggressive type of cancer.
2. Surgery is now scheduled for Wednesday morning at 6:30 Central time, and will take 12-15 hours. The doctors will remove as much of the tumor from the brain stem and left hemisphere as they can. The doctors taking care of Kendrick are the top in their field and will be personally handling his case. Praise the Lord for the best doctors and their personal attention!
3. Since there was no surgery today, Allen and Alicia played with their boy all day! The top of their update says "What a wonderful day!" For those of you who know Allen, you know that he played wholeheartedly with Kendrick; when he says they played with Hot Wheels and had a blast, he literally means they - he and Kendrick - played. Allen is a man gifted with the ability to have a good time, and it warms my heart to imagine him playing with Kendrick today. They plan to do it all over again tomorrow and enjoy every minute with Kendrick before his surgery on Wednesday.
4. Kendrick is not as uncomfortable as he "should" be with this type of condition. Another praise!
5. If you feel comfortable doing so, please go by and leave them a message. Let them know that you're praying for them. Allen mentioned how much it encourages them to read the messages being left on the Care Page. He has told the doctors - these experts in their fields - that "they have the people of God praying for Our Lord and Saviour to guide their decisions and they can find confidence in our support." So go by and let them know you're praying for them; it will mean the world to them!
Thank you all, once again, for your prayers for the Allen Little family!