Friday, December 05, 2008

Just Passing By

Today has been incredibly busy. Wes and I spent most of it running errands and shopping. This evening I've been getting the last little things ready for our Ladies' Christmas Brunch, which is tomorrow morning at 10:00. I'm really excited about it. Although our food will be simple - a selection of bagels, muffins, croissants and a fruit and cheese platter - it is being delivered to us, so none of us have to do any cooking or worry about picking up food on time. We also rented the room, a heritage house that is already decorated for Christmas, so that we don't have to worry about decorations either. All we have to do is enjoy our party! I plan to take some pictures so that you can share in our fun a bit too.

The update for Kendrick today is that he will need some radiation treatments after all because of the type of tumor he has (astroblastoma). Allen and Alicia were able to get showers and some sleep last night and felt the effects of some good, relaxing sleep today. You know how you get when you need sleep - everything is magnified. So it did them good to get some rest. Kendrick still needs to regain the ability to swallow; keep praying!

My husband just went to bed with a headache, and I have a busy day tomorrow, so I'll go for now. I'm supposed to post a recipe tonight for a friend, but there's just not enough time. I'll do it tomorrow night, hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin