Thursday, December 18, 2008

December Daily: They're Home!

Well, this has been quite the couple of days! We've had stranded travelers, emergency hotel reservations, driving on snowy, icy roads, a homecoming and a birthday dinner (dessert yet to come). Wes and Sam pulled in about 3:00 this afternoon. They left Seattle at 9:30 this morning. Seattle is about 150 miles away, which is about a 3-hour drive in good weather and light traffic. Wes said the roads were snow-packed for much of the drive, but not as treacherous as yesterday.

So here are my 3 chickies, safe and sound . . .


Here are the pies we're having when Sam and Andrew get home from Christmas shopping (yes, already!). These are the birthday sweets for Sam. He wanted ice cream, but since his favorite is vanilla I decided to make apple pie to go with it. See the little ones on the right? Those are little single-serving ones for me; one for today and one for tomorrow. I made them with Splenda with just a top crust, and I have no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream to go on top. Probably still too much carb at one time, but much easier on the glucose load than regular pie. They're in little ramekins that hold about 1/2 cup. Just right!

8 comments:

  1. PRAISE THE LORD, ALL IS WELL!
    I'M SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. AND THE PIE LOOKS DELISH!!! HAVE A BLESSED AND MERRY TIME WITH YOUR SWEET FAMILY.
    YOU'RE SUCH A GOOD MOMMA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord...
    It took my husband 3 hours to get home last night from work...normally 25 minutes...it was horrible...but so thankful...so thankful...
    the pies look great....good idea...
    oh I bet it feels good to have all the chicks back in the nest...
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news, Susan! I know you're so thankful they're safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad they are safely home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad they got home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great photo of your kids!
    so peaceful.

    all the best-

    jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad everyone made it home safe and sound. Merry Christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad your three chickies are home safe & sound. One of mine is supposed to fly in from Seattle tonight, and has already called to say his flight was delayed by two hours due to weather. So we shall see!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin