Sunday, December 21, 2008

December Daily: Snowed In

No pictures this time, but we are getting socked with snow! We did get to church this morning, and most of our people made it, but now we're in to stay for the rest of the day. I don't think I've ever seen it snow this hard for this long in my life! Except for the blizzard in Spring of 1988 when we lived in South Dakota - had forgotten about that. We have about 10 inches on the ground at our house, and it's still coming down. It's supposed to stop tonight, clear off tomorrow, and then a chance of snow Tuesday and Wednesday. Looks like we're having a white Christmas this year - my first ever (that I can remember).

We were supposed to go caroling at the senior living center this afternoon, and then to Greater Vancouver Baptist Church's Christmas cantata tonight, but we canceled the caroling and Pastor Conner postponed the cantata till next Sunday night. So now we have an unexpected afternoon and evening to relax. What do you do on Sunday afternoon and evening when you don't go to church?! I've spent almost every Sunday night for the past 37 years in church! LOL

Our church family blessed us with cards and gifts today! They really are the most loving, generous group of people. We thank the Lord for them daily, and thank them from the bottom of our hearts for all they do for us. I received an unexpected gift from the church for playing the piano. I love playing the piano and have never considered it work to play for the services, so this was a total surprise to me. We also gave a special gift to our song leader; he has worked very hard, practicing with me each week to make sure that our song service runs smoothly, always asking Wes if there's any particular songs he'd like - just being a servant. We appreciate his dedication to the Lord and to the ministry of music in our church!

So how was your Christmas Sunday? Anybody else have a snowy day? I know there are several storms in Canada and across the US. Stay safe and warm!

4 comments:

  1. We were snowed in today too! It was snowing pretty much all day today, and too cold for the salt to work on the roads, so many counties in our area just gave up on the roads till tomorrow. If we lived closer to our church, we would have gone, but it just wasn't safe today! Besides the snow, the wind was blowing 40 mph, and the windchill was around -15. Brrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine that much snow!

    When we have an unexpected Sunday night free, it just doesn't feel right! We often play games or just read and relax, maybe watch a DVD or do computer stuff. We usually keep the TV off on Sundays, but sometimes we like to watch Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, I just read your post to the family, and Sarah said, "No fair!" She's a real snow-lover and would love a white Christmas! I don't mind being snowed in if I have everything done...and at this point, I don't!

    I just posted about our Sunday...no snow but icy and lots of wind! But folks still made it to church this morning. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, we have sooooooo much snow here too. It snowed all day Friday, and all Saturday night. We drive about 30 minutes to church, but I decided to brave the weather and go anyways. The roads were pretty awful, but I made it okay. I just can't believe the huge mountains of snow we have sitting around -- and have had since mid-November. Winter sure started early this year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin