Monday, December 01, 2008

December Daily: Simple Woman's Daybook

I'm going to cheat a little and use some of the current memes I do for some of my December Daily posts! I love that December starts on a Monday, my favorite day of the week. That makes it seem like it's starting on the right foot! ;)

December 1, 2008

Outside my window... It's a gray, cloudy day, but warmer than usual. Our high today is supposed to be about 52 (11 C). I'm on the computer earlier than usual checking for updates on Kendrick.

I am thinking... Of my friends, Allen and Alicia, as their little boy is having brain surgery today

I am thankful for... Andrew's fracture finally getting the treatment necessary for it to heal, and that his pain is relieved

From the learning rooms... We're heading into the last couple of weeks before Christmas break - yay! I am behind in grading again, but determined to catch it up by Wednesday. The kids are doing fine in their work; I'm the one that's behind!

From the kitchen... Just down-home cookin' this week. Had to rework the menu when I didn't get a meal in the crockpot on time one day last week

I am wearing... Still in my jammies at this point, but about to go take a shower

I am creating... Christmas tags for my Etsy shop

I am going... To hear Dr. Johnny Pope preach tonight and tomorrow night

I am reading... I'm going to start The Cure is in the Cupboard, a book suggested by Mrs. C last week, and loaned to me by one of our church ladies this morning. She didn't know that I was planning to look for it at the library, so it was a blessing to receive it from her!

I am hoping... For good news to be posted about Kendrick today!

I am hearing... Christmas music! We found a 4-CD set of instrumental Christmas music at Wal Mart for $9.96. They are surprisingly good!

Around the house... Hopefully doing our Christmas decorating this week.

One of my favorite things... Taking a Sunday nap! I was up till midnight Saturday night with Andrew at the ER, so my "light" nap turned into quite a heavy one yesterday afternoon.

A few plans for the rest of the week ... Saturday is our ladies' Christmas Brunch, so I'll be wrapping up all the last-minute details for that. Practicing Christmas music.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

A picture that Andrew took of our mantel decorated with fall things

For more Simple Woman's Daybook entries, please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

  1. I am glad Andrew is doing better. I had hoped to decorate for Christmas Saturday, but we get a live tree and it was raining. I hope everyone's schedules coincide to do it this Saturday. We like to get the tree and decorate it all together as a family.

    I feel for the parents of the little boy. I just can't imagine dealing with brain surgery on any of my children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had kind of hoped to decorate over the weekend, but it just never worked out. This Saturday is our Ladies' Brunch, so maybe after that I'll feel free to finally decorate.

    From their updates, Allen and Alicia are holding up well. They are so young - early 30's - and my heart hurts so much for them. Thank you so much for praying for them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin