Thursday, December 11, 2008

December Daily: Paper Craft Thursday

I haven't done much - well, not any - paper-crafting the past week. There's just not enough time right now. I did make a card a couple of weeks ago, though, that I really like. It's based on a border punch technique that I first saw mentioned at a blog I found a couple of weeks ago, Frugal Ideas From the Parsonage. I like this card because of its simplicity and elegance. It could be adapted for any season or occasion, and the color variations are endless. I used the same border punch on the border (!) that I used on the central ornament, and placed a strip of cardstock under the border, on the inside of the card, so that the pattern shows through. Hat-tip to Sophia for posting about this technique!



Kelli at There Is No Place Like Home hosts a weekly Paper Craft Thursday. Please visit there to see what kind of paper crafts other people are doing this week!

6 comments:

  1. Your card is very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan ~

    What gorgeous cards! Love all the lace punch around the edges!

    Thank-you so much for stopping by and checking our my blog and the sweet comment you left!

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,
    Thank you for visiting my blog and please come by again!
    Your card is beautiful! I love it!
    I am new to making cards and I am very much a novice. Any advice?
    Miriam :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and elegant!
    I'll see you at the Ladies Christmas Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely card. I love the border.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful! I love the colors and the paper lace is so delicate!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin