Monday, December 08, 2008

December Daily: Ladies' Christmas Brunch

Saturday was our annual Ladies' Christmas Brunch, so I wanted to share some pictures with you. We had a great time. I invited Julie Shaver, pastor's wife of Evergreen Baptist Church in Bellingham, WA, to speak to us, and she brought exactly the devotion we needed. We've gotten to know the Shavers a bit since we moved up here; they've been great ministry friends to us. Julie is the mother of 11 children! They're delightful people to know, and I'm so glad our ladies got to know her just a little bit yesterday.

The house we met in is a heritage house that is the "headquarters" so to speak for the seniors' association in our little community. I have always loved this little house, and was thrilled to be able to get it for our brunch. I think we'll use it for some future events too.

The Christmas tree in the dining room


The dining room table set up with our catered Bread Garden brunch - an assortment of breads, fruit, and cheese


The fireplace and mantel in the living room

Now for some pictures of our ladies . . .

This is Julie Shaver, our speaker for the event


All the ladies, still talking as we finished eating. I'm not sure I've ever witness such craziness as went on at that table! ;) Seriously, our ladies have melded into a family, and I just praise the Lord for how he has brought us all together from all around the world.


The lady in the red and white is from Switzerland


These ladies are from The Philippines


The Philippines and Canada


All of us together - this is not all of our ladies; we were missing about 7 others who attend regularly but weren't able to be at the brunch.

Our 2 hours we paid for in the house just flew by! I think next time we'll get 3 hours, just to have more time to set up and clean up and not have to rush through the entire meeting. I hope you enjoyed meeting some of our people here, and reading about our brunch! Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. oh, it looks beautiful Susan...and how wonderful to have such comraderie..GOD is so good....
    A little jealousy, here..but the Christian kind of course.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a wonderful time! What a fun place to have a brunch...all spiffied up and you didn't have to do it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE BEEN THERE! SO PRETTY AND FESTIVE, AND I KNOW EVERYONE RECEIVED A BLESSING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deby, you don't have to be jealous! LOL We'll share . . . come on up! ;)

    Tammy, one of the things I enjoyed most was not having to decorate. I do ok to suit myself in my own home, but I'm not a decorator for events. This was so nice - just walk and in and have your meeting.

    Liesa, you'll have to come and visit sometime. Vancouver is a very popular vacation destination (skiing in winter and all kinds of nature stuff in the summer - we have mountains and the ocean!) and you already know of a church you can attend while you vacation! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan: I haven't commented for a long time on your blog or any others! Sorry! I am glad things are going well! I love Julie Shaver. I haven't seen her for a few years! I am praying for your message on Friday at the tea. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your Ladies Christmas Brunch pictures. It is always nice to see other church's functions.
    The house is very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad everything went so well. Everything looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that looks like a wonderful time!
    The house is lovely, the perfect place for a Christmas brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Susan...I KNOW Julie Shaver!!! She is precious. My husband preached at their church. My daughter Alison use to attend Evergreen.

    A wonderful family.

    So nice to see her face again..in this pic.

    HOPE~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin