Saturday, December 27, 2008

December Daily: Christmas Blessings

We had a very quiet, calm Christmas at home this year. We like having just our family for Christmas Day. We always open gifts first thing, then I make a big breakfast. This year I fixed bacon, sausage, ham, scrambled eggs with cheese, grits, and monkey bread. The rest of the day we just watched TV, read, played with and inspected - again - our Christmas gifts, and played games. Here are some pictures, in no particular order, of our day and some of the gifts we received.








You might think this was for one of the boys, and it was - Wes! LOL


For Andrew, our Canucks fan


Sam needed a new watch


Beth made this bracelet for me. I had seen one similar online and loved it, so she made me one. I think I could get used to a jewelry-making daughter! ;)


Wes bought this bracelet for me - tiny, tiny diamonds


Cameras for Beth and Sam

8 comments:

  1. Those are nice gift you all give to each other. Jarod have the same toy for Christmas as brother Hutchens. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband got one of those little helicopters one year, too. :-)

    Love the way you shot the bracelet on the Christmas ball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice time you all had.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deanna, I'm not surprised that Jarod got the same toy. My husband is just a boy grown tall! LOL

    Barbara, Andrew took that picture. He is getting really good at photography and loves to take unusual pictures.

    Happy New Year, Tori!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures, thankyou for sharing your day with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI SUSAN. THANKS FOR THE COMMENT ON MY ABC POST. YOU'RE WELCOME TO USE IT! I GET THINGS DONE BETTER AND SEEM TO BE MORE INSPIRED IF I WRITE IT DOWN, SO I JUST GOT OUR MY NOTEBOOK LAST NIGHT AND STARTED MAKING MY LIST. AND OF COURSE, MY SECOND THOUGHT WAS, WOW, I CAN PUT THIS ON MY BLOG! HA. I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I'M SOOOO GLAD I DISCOVERED YOUR BLOG IN 2008. I'M NEW AT THIS BLOGGIN' STUFF, BUT HAVE ENJOYED IT SO MUCH. PLEASE PRAY FOR MY HUSBAND TONIGHT AS HE TEACHES AT OUR CHURCH AT 7, THEN, HE WILL PREACH AT ANOTHER NEW YEARS EVE SERVICE ABOUT AN HOUR AWAY AROUND 9:30. HE HAS HAD A COLD THIS WEEK, SO HE'S COUGHING AND STUFFY. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL NEW YEARS EVE AND NEW YEARS DAY! BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOURS. LOVE, LIESA

    ReplyDelete
  7. CHEESE GRITS?? You are a southern gal! I love those things!
    Happiest of New Years to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your family sounds like mine. You guys sound very busy!
    God bless you.
    Bren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin