Wednesday, December 10, 2008

December Daily: Bengal Spice Tea


Have I ever found a great tea for this holiday season! I was looking for a good tea for the ladies' brunch last week, and this Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice caught my eye. When I opened it, I immediately fell in love with the scent, a spicy, cinnamony, gingery blend that smells just like the Christmas spice cookies my mother-in-law makes, but I didn't get to try any until yesterday. Oh, my! This is delicious. And you can believe that, coming from a southern gal who doesn't really like hot tea all that much - I much prefer iced tea!

Here is the description from the Celestial Seasonings website:
Bengal is a geographical region that today covers parts of India and Bangladesh, and forms part of the natural habitat of the majestic Royal Bengal Tiger. Chai—a spiced tea typically made with black tea leaves—is very popular in India. Bengal Spice is a naturally caffeine free version of this traditional brew made with herbs instead of tea leaves, as well as cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and a hint of vanilla. Adding a touch of cream or milk delivers a truly authentic chai experience!

What is your favorite holiday drink? Hot cocoa, spiced cider, eggnog, a special holiday tea? Share your favorites!

Image from Celestial Seasonings

6 comments:

  1. Susan ~ I'm a bit like you in not liking hot drinks. I prefer iced tea or diet Coke. :) But around Christmas time I can drink spiced cider or hot chocolate on a cold night just for the whole aura of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'LL FOR SURE HAVE TO TRY THIS.
    I ALSO PREFER ICED TEA. I DRINK MINE STRAIGHT! BUT, FOR THE HOLIDAYS, I LOVE EGG NOG, ALTHOUGH IT'S SOOOOO FATTENING! I LIKE THE SPICED TEA YOU MAKE WITH TANG, ETC. TOO. I HOPE OUR LOCAL WALLY WORLD CARRIES THIS TEA. THANKS FOR SHARING. HAPPY WED. TO YOU.
    LG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that sounds great! I am avoiding all caffeinated beverages right now, and it even has ginger in it which might just help with "morning" sickness! I'm going to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've started using celestial seasonings india spice, and it sounds really similar to this bengal spice...i use 5 bags (i know that's a lot) in my 10 cup coffee pot....when its brewed i put the tea in a pitcher and add 1 cup sugar, cold water and ice. I don't do hot tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy, I love me some hot tea!! :) Of course, iced tea is great too, but it's soooo cold here right now, so I opt for the hot stuff.

    My absolute favorite is apple cinnamon tea from Tim Horton's. But a very close second is earl grey tea, it's just so great.

    Time to make some!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm. That does sound good.

    Celestial Seasonings' Candy Cane Lane is a good one. I've never liked any of the mint teas I've tried before, but this one has mint and vanilla in it and is pretty sweet - so it's more like drinking a candy cane. :O) It's yummy.

    Eggnog is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin