Sunday, December 07, 2008

Chocolate Crinkles

One of my friends emailed me and asked for the recipe for the Chocolate Crinkles that I mentioned in the Christmas Meme, so I thought I'd post it here. It's one of our favorite Christmas cookies; in fact, Beth just made a batch last night. Hers are better than mine too - much more moist. She said she took them out of the oven at exactly 8 minutes.

Chocolate Crinkles

3 beaten eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 squares (4 ounces) unsweetened chocolate, melted
1/2 cup cooking oil
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
Sifted powdered sugar

In a mixing bowl combine beaten eggs, sugar, melted chocolate, cooking oil, baking powder, and vanilla. Gradually add flour to chocolate mixture, sitrring till thoroughly combined. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours or till easy to handle.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar to coat generously. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375-degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till edges are set and tops are cracked. Cool cookies on a wire rack. If desired, sprinkle with additional powdered sugar. Makes about 48.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin