Wednesday, December 17, 2008

All is Well

Soon after I booked the room for Wes and Sam, Sam caught the airport shuttle to the hotel and went and made himself at home. It probably felt pretty good after spending most of the day in airports!

Meanwhile, Wes was cautiously making his way down I-5 toward Seattle. I'm not sure exactly how long it took him, but I believe it was about 3 hours. That's the usual time from Vancouver to Seattle; Wes was in Bellingham, about 1 hour from here under normal conditions. He called about 50 miles north of Seattle to say that the roads were better there and the temp was above freezing, then called again when he got in to the hotel.

The snow has stopped here. I think we ended up with about 5 inches. Beth is working on something in her room, Andrew is watching the hockey game (and the retirement of Trevor Linden's number), and I'm piddling around the house. It should be a nice, relaxing evening for all of us, Wes and Sam included. They'll take their time getting home tomorrow, and hopefully it won't snow any more this time around. Have a good evening!

4 comments:

  1. I'M GLAD ALL IS WELL!
    I HOPE YALL HAVE SEVERAL DAYS TO ENJOY TOGETHER.
    HOW FAR ARE YA'LL FROM PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND? SORRY, NOT TOO SMART IN GEOGRAPHY! HA.
    MY DAUGHTER NOELLE AND I DREAM OF VISITING PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND SOMEDAY. WE LOVE AVONLEA AND ANNE OF GREEN GABLES.
    WELL, HAVE A RELAXING NIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam will be home for 5 weeks!

    We are a LONG way from PEI!!! We are in Vancouver, on the west coast, and PEI is on the east coast of Canada. It's like the distance between Los Angeles and New York.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear Wes and Sam got to the hotel safe and sound. The roads should be much better in the morning for them to drive home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad everyone is safe and sound! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin