Monday, November 17, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook


For more Simple Woman's Daybook entries, be sure to visit Peggy's new blog especially for that purpose!

FOR TODAY- November 17, 2008

Outside my window... Today is a relatively nice day, with some clouds but no rain, and temps right now in the 40s. The leaves are almost all gone now, thanks to the wind and rain of the past couple of weeks.

I am thinking... About all I need and want to do in the next few weeks, and narrowing it all down to just what needs to be done - home, music, church mainly - we have a busy month ahead!

I am thankful for... A new-to-me computer chair! Beth got Andrew's and I got Beth's, which is much more comfy than the rickety old one I had. Andrew has a laptop now, so he didn't need his chair anymore.

From the learning rooms...(if this applies) We're sailing along right now. First quarter is over, grades are good, and I think we might have gotten over our latest Chemistry hump!

From the kitchen... Beth made a delicious Pumpkin Praline Pie for dessert yesterday. Since she used sugar-free pudding, I had a small piece after dinner and one after supper. Yum!

I am wearing... A denim skirt, yellow tank top under striped sweater

I am creating... I've been making bookmarks for the ladies in my church, as well as a few fall cards. Today I want to get the supplies to make some blocks covered with patterned paper with rub-on words, and I would also like to make an altered clipboard.

I am going... To the grocery store. We are out of several things. Necessities like orange juice for Wes! ;) When you have a hubby, his preferences are necessities!

I am reading... Not doing much reading right now, other than my Bible. Got too many other things going on!

I am hoping... That Samuel can be home on Christmas. He will be home sometime during his Christmas break, but he is considering working through Christmas Eve, which would mean he wouldn't get home till after Christmas.

I am hearing... Streams in the Desert Volume III CD by West Coast Baptist College. If you click on the link, you can hear a 30-second clip of each song. This is our current favorite CD.

Around the house... I really do have a mess around here! My desk looks like an explosion of papers, school CDs, sugar-free candy, and computer stuff. I seem to have a one-track mind. Either homemaking, or schooling, or music, or crafting, or blogging. But not all at once. Ugh!

One of my favorite things... Getting a card in the mail (thanks, Mrs. JoAnn - we got your card when we stopped at the PO on the way to Portland! I love you!)

A few plans for the rest of the week... Finish final details for the ladies' Christmas brunch so I can breathe easy about that; continue practicing Christmas music for offertories; begin cleaning for the holidays; go to the gym Monday, Wednesday, and Friday nights - you have to hold me accountable;

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

What's not to love about this boy???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin