Friday, November 21, 2008

Show & Tell Friday: Fall Finds

Show and Tell


This is my first time to participate in Kelli's Show & Tell Friday, although I've enjoyed reading others' posts for a while now. I went shopping at Michaels earlier this week, and I decided to wait till today to show you what I found so I could join in.

I had been in the Michaels closest to me several times, and they had had a sign on the door for a couple of day saying that all fall floral arrangements were 90% off, but I couldn't find any of them. I also had a 50% off coupon that was burning a hole in my pocket, and the thing I wanted to buy wasn't in stock at my store. So I went to the one in the next town over. I not only found the item I'd been looking for, I also found some fall arrangements on sale.

Here's the thing I'd been looking for - a scalloped square punch to use in cardmaking; I used my 50% off coupon on that. I also found some Martha Stewart ribbon on clearance, originally $4.99 each, marked down to $1.49 each. There were also some packs of Thanksgiving stickers at 90% off - they were a whopping 49 cents a pack!


This is my prize, though. This wreath was marked $99.99. It was on clearance at 90% off, so I paid $9.99 for it. The first picture is just to show you how big this wreath is, and the second one shows it hanging over my fireplace. I've always wanted a huge wreath over the fireplace! Praise the Lord for good deals on things that aren't necessities, but are nice to have - and I paid for all of these with money I earned through my Etsy shop. That fireplace mantel looks a little bare - I did fill it in a bit more later!




For more Show & Tell entries, visit Kelli at There Is No Place Like Home.

25 comments:

  1. Wow, Susan! That fireplace wall needed that big wreath, didn't it?! It looks great there, and what a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath is so pretty, Love BLESSING on it. Wow and what a price, you got a wonderful deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your wreath was worth all your travels and trouble - it looks STUNNING on your mantle. Wowza!

    thanks so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wreath is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Very nice wreath and a good find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous deal on that wreath! Our local Michael's had fall arrangements 80% off last weekend, but I found out about it too late.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a beautiful wreath and a fabulous bargain!! I too love the word 'Blessing' on it! You must be thrilled with it! joanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic bargain....Wow...it looks great. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous! What a great find! (Of course, I checked out your scrapbook supplies for a longer time. That's what I really enjoy - scrapbooking!) Your wreath looks beautiful where you have it hanging. Have a great holiday!

    Please feel free to visit my blog anytime. You are always welcome in The Shadow of the Cross.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Susan, what great deals!! I am amazed at the deal on the wreath especially. What a blessing! It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, this looks SO pretty above your fireplace! Oh to have a fireplace to decorate just like this!!!

    And what a deal, too!! I was not aware of this sale!! I wonder if it is still going on??

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww, yay for good deals at Michael's!! I got some good fall deals there a week or more back -- great scrapbooking paper for 80% off.

    I love the wreath!! :)

    Now you've got me wanting to go to Michael's. I have a 50% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket too. And they're having a big event tomorrow too......tempting..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't you love those little blessings the Lord gives us.
    You found some great bargains. Your wreath is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am running...did I say running...to Michael's tomorrow! Oh, my goodness that is gorgeous!

    Enjoy your bargains...
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  15. great finds Susan....the wreath is gorgeous....congrats on all the deals...
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  16. The wreath is perfect over your fireplace. Congratulations on all your great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous! Susan, I think the Lord put those items there just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I love finds like that! You shopped and spent your money well. And the wreath is beautiful! Nothing like saving $80 when you bought it either! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The wreath is beautiful! Great job!
    Blessings,
    Gayly
    quilt-n-mama. blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such wonderful finds and your new wreath is just beautiful. It looks perfect above your fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you all for your comments! I've emailed those whose comments would allow it, and I just want to thank the rest of you for stopping by and leaving a thought. I appreciate each one! And I'm lovin' my wreath! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love to finds deals like this!
    The wreath was a steal and it looks
    fabulous over the fireplace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Always fun to find bargains. I love the wreath, looks great on your brick fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Susan!

    What a beautiful wreath -- and what an awesome deal. It looks perfect over the fireplace.

    Take Care,

    Trixie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your wreath is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin