Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Rest of the Story

I left you on Saturday evening with the story of Andrew's strained wrist. Not long after I posted that entry, we got a call from the hospital saying that the radiologist had looked at his x-rays and that he did indeed have a hairline fracture. They needed him to come back within the next 24 hours to have it casted. Well, we don't have time on Sundays, so I took him back last night. At 10:00, exactly 12 hours after the first visit. We were there till 11:30, which wasn't so bad for an ER visit late on a Saturday night. As soon as his hand was casted, it stopped hurting, and today he has his sense of humor back, and he's singing again. He was very quiet yesterday, which is very not normal for our boy. He has a scaphoid fracture, if you care to read up on it. His is a textbook case.

He has to wear the cast for 6-8 weeks, and we're calling an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow for a follow-up appointment. Hopefully no more action will be needed for his wrist to heal properly.

And now you have the rest of the story!

3 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for your son, as well as little Kendrick from your earlier post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, I'm glad he's feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! Glad he's feeling better today. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin