Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday

We had just a normal weekend, getting things ready for church on Saturday, then going to church both services yesterday. Our attendance was down just a tiny bit yesterday morning, but most of our regulars were there. I was SO sleepy! I kept yawning while I was teaching the lesson. The little girl I teach just giggles every time I yawn, so at least I kept her entertained! ;)

Last night our room was switched. Wes knew it was going to be switched, but had forgotten exactly when it was, and when we got to the rec centre where we meet, we were surprised to see "our" chairs set up in a semi-circle with a table at the front of the room. That's when Wes remembered we were in another room! LOL It was a smaller room, but that just made our singing sound fuller, and everything else went on as normal. We had one visitor, and there's a family that's been coming on Sunday nights for the past 3 weeks. I always find it amazing how the Lord brings people our way. The family that's been visiting just saw the signs we put out on Sunday mornings, and the man who came last night found us through our ad in the paper. Every little outreach helps!

Today I made some Christmas gift tags. I just started messing around with my embossing powders and small Christmas stamps, and ended up with about 30 tags - 5 sets - made and listed in my Etsy shop.

Beth is going to give baking through Etsy a try. We were surprised to learn that you can even sell homemade baked goods on Etsy, and since she makes fantastic cookies and quick breads, she decided to try selling them through her shop too. As far as we know right now, we can only ship to Canadian addresses, although we've seen some shops that ship over the border. We'll have to check into that.

Has anyone ever used oil of oregano for pain relief? I've had some aches and pains lately, and one of the ladies at church gave me some oil of oregano to try. It seems to be almost a cure-all - my Granny would say it's "good for what ails you." The biggest drawback so far has been the smell; I walk around smelling like a pizza! ;)

Well, that's about it for today. Last week's Giving Thanks days with Kelli really helped me find things to write about. I need to write down some post ideas so I'll have things to write each day!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend. Glad that the room switch went well and even good.

    I had no idea that Etsy allowed baked goods. How cool is that???
    I'll have to go take a look-see.

    Have a great day!

    BTW, love that wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not heard of oil of oregano, but it certainly can't hurt, I don't think. Except if I smelled like pizza I'd WANT pizza! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use an oregano product called Oreganol P73. It is pretty expensive and burns like fire, but is amazing stuff!

    You might want to check out this book; it has lots of information:
    The Cure is in The Cupboard--How to use Oregano for Better Health by Dr. Cass Ingram.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tori, we were so surprised that baked goods can be sold online. Beth has been baking up a storm to get pictures for her shop. She makes cookies that are amazing! Hopefully you can find some goodies near you! ;)

    Barbara, I say pizza because that's the closest I can think of to what this smells like. But it isn't appetizing when it's on your body! LOL It's an herbally smell, a little pungent. Take a whiff of your oregano and imagine that as your perfume! ;)

    Mrs. C, thank you for the book recommendation. I'll look to see if they have it at my library. I'm putting it on an area near my temple that has been irritated, to see if it makes it settle down some. I'm also watching it closely; being fair-skinned makes me nervous when it comes to spots on my skin. So far it seems to be drying it out and it looks a little less red to me. The literature that came with the oil leads me to believe it's possibly a cure for almost anything! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin