Thursday, November 27, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs #15: A Thankful Heart



Since today is Thanksgiving, I'm participating in this week's Homeschool Memoirs. The theme this week is this:
This week, you guessed it, is going to be about having a thankful heart! Yes, of course, we should always be thankful for everything we’re blessed with, but it’s not too often we actually sit and ponder what. This week please join me in writing 27 things you’re thankful (There’s got to be at least 27things!). I picked 27 because this year Thanksgiving is on the 27th of November.

Also, share a Scripture verse for this week!

1. My husband, who loves me in spite of me
2. My older son, Samuel, who has grown into a dedicated young man
3. My younger son, Andrew, who keeps me laughing and is showing us every day just how much he is growing in the Lord
4. My daughter, Beth, who has a heart for people and for the Lord
5. My parents, who have been serving the Lord together for over 27 years
6. Each of my siblings, none of whom I had until I was 17 years old
7. My former pastor and his wife, Mickey and JoAnn Hollars, who gave so much of themselves to us over the years
8. Each of our supporting churches; their financial support allows us to live here
9. Our church family here - our hearts have knit with theirs and we love them as our own family
10. Salvation!
11. Our home - warm, safe, comfortable
12. My goodly heritage - two wonderful grandmothers whom I dearly loved and had in my life for 40 years
13. Great medical care
14. My good health in spite of diabetes
15. The ability to play the piano - I can make my own music!
16. The ability and energy to exercise (even though I don't like to)
17. The opportunity to be with my family all the time
18. Plenty of good food
19. The money to buy that good food
20. Instant communication through email and the internet
21. Re-connecting with old friends through the internet
22. Our car is in good shape right now
23. Our son will be home for a whole month for Christmas
24. The library!
25. Your blogs - they make my day
26. The fun of having a blog
27. My blog friends - thank you all for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Mrs. Susan,
    My sister told me about your blog when I came home for Thanksgiving. It is so good to meet you--well read about you! I have not personally met your Sam, but what I have seen of him, he seems to be a very Godly young man! I love your blog! May the Lord bless you! From another Southern girl going to school in California!:)

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jennifer! I'm glad to "meet" you. Thanks for your kind comment about our boy - we are quite pleased with him ourselves! ;) Hope you have a great holiday, and come back to read again soon!

    Thanks, Deanna! We had a wonderful time with the other "relocated Americans" today! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin