Since today is Thanksgiving, I'm participating in this week's Homeschool Memoirs. The theme this week is this:
This week, you guessed it, is going to be about having a thankful heart! Yes, of course, we should always be thankful for everything we’re blessed with, but it’s not too often we actually sit and ponder what. This week please join me in writing 27 things you’re thankful (There’s got to be at least 27things!). I picked 27 because this year Thanksgiving is on the 27th of November.
Also, share a Scripture verse for this week!
1. My husband, who loves me in spite of me
2. My older son, Samuel, who has grown into a dedicated young man
3. My younger son, Andrew, who keeps me laughing and is showing us every day just how much he is growing in the Lord
4. My daughter, Beth, who has a heart for people and for the Lord
5. My parents, who have been serving the Lord together for over 27 years
6. Each of my siblings, none of whom I had until I was 17 years old
7. My former pastor and his wife, Mickey and JoAnn Hollars, who gave so much of themselves to us over the years
8. Each of our supporting churches; their financial support allows us to live here
9. Our church family here - our hearts have knit with theirs and we love them as our own family
11. Our home - warm, safe, comfortable
12. My goodly heritage - two wonderful grandmothers whom I dearly loved and had in my life for 40 years
13. Great medical care
14. My good health in spite of diabetes
15. The ability to play the piano - I can make my own music!
16. The ability and energy to exercise (even though I don't like to)
17. The opportunity to be with my family all the time
18. Plenty of good food
19. The money to buy that good food
20. Instant communication through email and the internet
21. Re-connecting with old friends through the internet
22. Our car is in good shape right now
23. Our son will be home for a whole month for Christmas
24. The library!
25. Your blogs - they make my day
26. The fun of having a blog
27. My blog friends - thank you all for reading!