Monday, October 27, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook


For October 27, 2008

It's been a few weeks since I've participated in Simple Woman's Daybook, so I wanted to do it this week. If you'd like to see more entries, please visit The Simple Woman.

Outside my Window...another beautiful fall day, a mix of sun and clouds and temps not too chilly. We've had an outstanding autumn - not much rain!

I am thinking...about our ladies' Christmas Tea, and that I need to get the ball rolling on it.

From the learning rooms...helping Andrew with Chemistry

I am thankful for. . . God continually supplying our needs

From the kitchen...Taco Bake tonight. I made Creme Brulee for dessert yesterday, and it was delicious. I found it in a Taste of Home holiday magazine from the library.

I am wearing...black skirt and a striped tee

I am reading...The Ministry of Marriage

I am hoping...to get some Etsy shop listings done this week - I haven't had the time to devote to it the past couple of weeks

I am creating...paper crafts for my shop

I am hearing...Beth drying her hair, Andrew doing school on his computer

Around the house...The whole place needs a good once-over - it's all cluttered up from the weekend. I'd like to get our bookcase reorganized this week - there are books stuck in sideways and books falling over and out . . . it's a mess. Of course there's always laundry to do!

One of my favorite things...reconnecting with old friends, which I've been doing online for the past few weeks

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Get my ladies' tea set up, invite a speaker, begin making plans for our Christmas Open House, get a new piano arrangement ready for Sunday, prepare my Sunday school lesson, maybe get some sewing done.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

My parents and youngest sister on a recent trip to one of my favorite places - the mountains of North Carolina!

3 comments:

  1. Is that Ministry of Marriage the one by Jim Binney? It's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's the one, Barbara. The speaker at our couples' retreat based his teaching sessions on this book, and they were so good I had to read the book! I've heard that Jim Binney is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are having a wonderful week, Susan! I love creme brulee. It is probably my favorite dessert.
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin