Thursday, October 30, 2008

Paper Crafting

Kelli at There Is No Place Like Home hosts a Paper Crafting Thursday each week, and since paper crafting is the name of my game at the moment, I wanted to share with you what I've done this week.

I've been making Christmas cards from parts of old Christmas cards, usually part of the front panel. I've had a lot of fun doing this, and it uses up all those old cards I've refused to throw away for years! :) Here are a few of the latest ones:





I also tried my hand at making tags this week. I don't know why, but tags intimidate me, but Tuesday night I just decided to sit down and try it. I like how these came out, and I have a few ideas for more. For these, I just cut a 2-1/2 x 5-inch piece of cardstock and rounded the top corners. Then I cut a piece of patterned paper just a little smaller, rounded two corners, and glued it to the cardstock. Next, I cut a mat from olive green cardstock, stamped Merry Christmas on a piece of white cardstock, and attached them to my tag. I punched 3 holes for brads at one end and tied a ribbon on the other. I inked the tag edge and the stamped edge, but you don't have to do that. Very easy!




I commented on Kelli's Paper Crafting Thursday several weeks ago and won the supplies to make a card from Kelli! If you do any kind of paper craft, be sure to blog about it, then go over to Kelli's and put your entry on her Mr. Linky, and you'll be entered in her drawing too. Two people win each week!

All of these cards and tags are available on my Etsy shop.

12 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I am going to do this when I pull out my holiday decor, where my old cards are stored. Thanks for visiting Shore's End!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are wonderful! I sometimes use old card parts too. They make them look even more professional! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word for your cards...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are all so cute! I am inspired. I have stacks of Christmas cards I have kept, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Susan!
    You apparently have a knack for making lovely cards, BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the same I love recycling things and I have a mind blank at tags. I am going to give them a go today.
    Your cards are beautiful thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all beautiful. The layouts are so well composed and I love your color choices.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your kind comments! It helps build the confidence just a bit. Every time I post pics of my cards, I feel like a part of me is on display and I just cringe! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello fellow Canuck!! Do you get the Miracle Channel by chance? It is headquartered about1 kilometer from my house, the first Canadian Christian channel to go international. Started by my next door neighbor. They just started the nicest show about having a godly marriage. I set my alarm in my cell phone to watch it every week. it's called "For Life".
    My daughter does this paper crafting too. Such a beautiful talent. My talent is not with crafts. I will visit again!
    Blessings, Bluebirdy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are beautiful! I love the rich colors you used! The gift tags are very cute too! Beautiful! Now I am wanting to get out of my fall colors mode! Thank you so much for sharing this! =O)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful cards and tags, Susan! I love the paper lace cutter that you used.
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin