Wednesday, October 01, 2008

My Little Card Set

I've been making cards and paper crafts for the past couple of weeks to put in my Etsy shop. I'm not an artist, but I love making cards and playing with all the pretty papers that are out there. It takes me a long time to come up with a design on my own, but once I get one, I can usually reproduce it pretty quickly. What I've been doing (and I don't know if these will sell) is taking old Christmas cards, cutting them up, and using them as the elements to make new cards. I just listed 8 of them in my shop. Since it takes me a while to work out a design, and each of these cards is more or less a different design, it's taken me all my spare time to get these 8 cards made!

I have also made a little box of miniature cards and envelopes (just 3" square!), all by hand, to offer in my shop. I fell in love with the box pattern, and I followed the example of the tutorial I used to make the cards, but I put my own twist on them. I loved, loved, loved making these cards, and if this set sells I'm going to make more of them. They just take a lot of time, and cost a little more to ship because of their needing a box instead of just a bubble mailer. I could also make just the cards without the boxes or envelopes, or buy the envelopes, or just make the boxes . . . so many options. I'd love to make baby cards and Christmas cards too.

I'm so pleased with my little card set that I wanted to show you some pictures. I'll leave you with those. Thanks for reading!





17 comments:

  1. Susan, those are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute!

    Have you checked out http://cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com/? They show a sketch every few days and then different card designers' take on it. I love the creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tammy! I had a lot of fun making them.

    Barbara, I hadn't heard of that site, but I'll be checking it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Susan,

    Wow! Those are absolutely beautiful. You are very creative.

    Take Care,

    Trixie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great and beautiful cards, Susan...
    for ideas you can go to:
    patstamps.com
    or google Splitcoast Stampers
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trixie, if you only knew how UNcreative I am! LOL I get ideas from things I see online and in magazines. The thing I like about one of the magazines I have is that it gives permission to make the things to sell, as long as you make everything yourself. Love it!

    Deby, I go to Split Coast Stampers almost every day. That's where I got the idea for the box of cards. I will go and take a look at the other place you mentioned. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, these are beautiful! I wish I could make cards. I have tried and they come out so wonky!!!

    Sydney loves the bracelet she got from Beths store, I couldn't wait for Christmas to give it to her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm so glad she likes it! Beth is doing some really pretty stuff.

    My card set sold already! I couldn't believe it. Now I need to make a new one. Don't feel too bad about wonky cards - half of mine look wonky too. I just bite my lip and keep working at them till they're what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do that sometimes with old Christmas cards...just make them into new ones. :)

    I used to make cards too mainly for birthdays an anniversaries but they weren't as pretty as yours. :) I would just use stencils, rubber stamps, stickers, gel pens and card stock, but they never seemed to have that 'pretty' feeling to them. :) Maybe it's time to possibly start that back up and try again.

    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! Those are so beautiful!! I love Splitcoast, don't you!!

    Love,Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! The box and the cards are beautiful! you did a great job! Love those sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty.
    Thanks for sharing. Good luck with the etsy shop.
    Blessings,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the different pretty papers too, and you did a beautiful job on your mini cards and box. So sweet!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful! You have inspired me to get more creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty cards.
    Isn't it fun to look at other people's cards and crafty work, then make some of your OWN, with your own ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH wow! Those are beautiful, Susan!

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous9:26 AM

    Hi Susan, I hope everything is okay with you and yours. It seems unusual that you do not have a Monday post. Loved the little card set...so pretty. Blessings...v from n. Idaho

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin