Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Leave the Planet?

Sarah Palin
Sarah Palin

I've avoided political discussion here on my blog, not because I'm not interested in the election, but because I don't have the time or energy or knowledge to discuss it much. But this morning I saw something that made me laugh, and I just had to pass it on to you.

Tina Fey, the comedienne who plays Sarah Palin on Saturday Night Live, has vowed that she will leave the planet if Sarah Palin becomes vice-president. Ummm . . . the only way to leave the planet is to kill yourself. So Ms. Fey will kill herself if Palin is elected? Makes me hope Palin wins just to see if the lady will keep her promise! ;)

I can assure you, if the "wrong" candidate wins, I won't kill myself. I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing now, because God holds the hearts of the rulers of the world, and His plan will come about no matter who is in office in any country.

Proverbs 21:1 - "The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will."

8 comments:

  1. That's too funny. I seem to remember someone (I think Alec Baldwin) saying he would leave the country if George Bush was elected.... he obviously didn't follow through ~ too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost included that, Pam! We had just moved to Canada, and we heard about several who said they would move to Canada if Bush was elected. As far as I know, none of them kept their promise.

    I met a lady today while setting up a ladies' meeting for our church who is very excited about the US election. I just let her talk and just smiled and nodded my head - because most likely she is not all that excited because of McCain! Most Canadians are excited because they love Obama. They also loved Clinton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true!!

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such ridiculous statements...
    I am so tired of it ALL...but I so agree...maybe she has plans to become a astro-NUT......
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe she's going to live at a space station? Or offer to colonize a planet? LOL.

    The article did seem to indicate her statement had more to do with keeping up the Palin impersonations in addition to her regular job rather than having such an aversion to Palin's politics -- but I don't imagine she'd sympathetic to McCain/Palin's politics, either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went back and looked, and you are right, Barbara. It does seem to indicate more that she doesn't want to continue acting the part of Palin. I'm sure too, though, that she is not in alignment with Palin's political views either. Thanks for the reality check!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In regards to your last paragraph, my husband posted about that last night.
    http://yekwanaman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Rita! I went and read it and was so grateful to find someone who believes that God is still on the throne!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin