Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Don't Miss It!

Sam just texted Wes about the song service of the Missions Conference at Lancaster Baptist Church tonight. The missionary kids choir is singing, and Sam has a solo part. If you'd like to see the service, it begins at 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time. Go to this link and scroll down to "Click here to watch our live streaming video." You'll need the free Windows Media Player to view the live stream. Dr. Greg Baker and Dr. Don Sisk are the featured speakers. Good preaching and good singing, all in the comfort of your own home - what more could you ask for? Except maybe an earlier hour if you're on the east coast . . .

5 comments:

  1. Well pooh! I missed it!
    :(

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I just watched it...actually we're still listening! He did great...but I'm sure you already know that!
    We even recognized two other kids in the choir(well, their names anyway!)Joel Pittman, we support his family in Ireland, and Becky Fergason, I think it's her family here in Manitoba.
    Thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi, I messaged you to let you know you hadn't missed it - but I guess you missed my message! LOL It would have been at 10 your time.

    Deborah, are the Fergusons in Manitoba now? We met them several times on deputation, and they were going to Calgary. Sam and Becky recognized each other right away last year when they met at school. It was neat to see all the kids and hear them sing!

    Bro. Wiebe, the missionary who prayed for the offering, was here in Vancouver for several years. Beth took piano lessons from his wife. And Andrew Bunnell, the missionary Dr. Chappell talked to in Estonia over the phone, we've known since he and his brother were little boys. Their dad used to come and preach at our church in Ft. Worth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I missed it!!! I be bet was good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey it was great! I saw your son start off the service and I thought, "I bet Susan is at her computer watching this!" They sounded wonderful-made me cry.

    Bro. Sisk's sermon was powerful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin