Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Bits of our Week

Wes arrived home safe and sound last night. I'm always glad when he gets home safely and we can get back to life as usual. Which is probably not too usual after all, but usual for us, at least. He took lots of pictures of his family, some of which I'll share with you, especially those of his grandparents. They are our only grandparents still living, and they are 89 and 90 years old and still living independently. Wes said his grandfather has a small garden he tends to daily, and his grandmother was bending over the sink to wash her hair when he went to their house to visit for a bit on Saturday. I think they are probably still independent because they've continued to stay active. They live in the NC farmhouse in which Granddaddy was born 90 years ago. So I want to show you some pictures of them - I think they're pretty great folks!

Our weather here is staying so pleasant this fall. It has rained some, and it's been a little stormy a couple of days, but overall we're enjoying a wonderful fall season. This weather reminds me a lot of late fall in Texas because we're having so much sunshine. There are big puffy clouds today and just a bit of a breeze.

Wes has a busy week ahead of him as a pastor. He has 2 Bible studies and 2 sermons to prepare for, with a couples' retreat squished in the middle. He hadn't planned on being out of town last weekend when we made all the plans for this weekend. We're both feeling a little swamped with it all, but at least I've been planning my work for the a while. Please pray for Wes if the Holy Spirit brings him to mind this week; he has quite a bit of studying to do and not much time to do it.

I'm doing laundry and homeschooling today - nothing major. I will probably work on some more cards this afternoon and make a grocery list for shopping tonight while Wes is teaching the one-on-one Bible study.

So that's our day today! I hope you're having a good one.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your husband is home safe and sound. I agree with what you said about keeping active.

    My dad was a farmer and he was active everyday of his life right up until he took sick and died just a few months later at 74. I know people in their 50's that can hardly make it up a set of stairs because they are about as inactive a a bump on a log.

    Take Care,

    Trixie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin