The Line's Busy
Here's one of those 'everything' blog posts. I've been so busy the past week! I'm pleased with how well things have gone with school, and I'm even managing to keep up with the housework and laundry! Yay! Here are some updates on things going on recently in our home . . .
- Beth has already made some sales in her Etsy Shop! Thank you to those who have ordered something from her; she is having a blast, and she has more things to list as she has time. At first, I was doing her listings, but now she's comfortable with writing descriptions and uploading her own pictures, so now it's completely in her hands.
- My medication is working! I'm not getting sick from it, and my blood sugar is doing well. Metformin is the leading drug for type 2 diabetes, and it's doing its job the way it's supposed to. I'm so thankful that my endocrinologist was insistent that I at least try a lower dosage.
- On the other hand, although I'm following the Plate Method of eating, I am losing no weight. Since resistance to weight loss is one of the underlying causes of type 2 diabetes, I shouldn't be surprised. I'm still on a second medication that may cause some weight gain, and it still seems to be necessary, so as long as I'm eating healthy, I am trying not to worry about the number on the scale. I do feel so much better than I had been feeling for the past few months; I just can't tell you how much more energy I have when my sugar levels come down! Only another diabetic can know just what I'm talking about.
- Bob, our church member injured in an attack, is doing well. His ribs are taking a long time to heal - about 6 weeks - and his brain is healing. His doctor is pleased with his progress, even though Bob still has trouble carrying on a long conversation and has little ability to concentrate right now. Please continue to pray for him as the Lord brings him to mind.
- Speaking of church family, we have a new lady coming. She has been caring for her ailing husband, but he has been moved into an assisted-care facility, freeing her to come to church. We are enjoying her sweet presence in our services! She has just fit right in.
- Lastly, I finally have some items with which to start my own Etsy shop. One of the orders Beth received was a gift for someone, and the buyer asked if we could put in a card with the jewelry she ordered. The light went on in my brain, and yesterday I spent most of the day making cards. I have several sets of them ready to list, but I still have to take pictures - which I will do today. Hopefully by this evening I'll also have my shop open and running. I had wanted to do something with fabric, such as baby items or purses, but I just couldn't get going on them. When I considered paper . . . the ideas started flowing and so did the cards. We'll see how it goes. I'm having fun, even if they don't sell! ;)