Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday in Review - September 28, 2008

We had another great day today! We had a good crowd again this morning. No new visitors, but we have several new people coming in the past few weeks. Wes began a personal Bible study with one of our newer visitors this week, and he (the visitor) seems very eager to learn more about the Lord. We also had a friend of our kids, who lives on Vancouver Island, over for another friend's birthday today, and he visited with us this morning. It's been a while since I've seen him, and I actually walked over to introduce myself before I realized who he was.

Next Sunday, we're starting a short fellowship time before the service. We'll have coffee, tea, and baked goods, which the ladies are taking turns supplying each week. This seems to be something that everyone is excited about, because our sign-up list was full after the service! It gives everyone a chance to do something, so it's a good thing in that respect, and it'll give our people a few extra minutes to fellowship with each other and any new visitors each week. Andrew did some searching online and found the name Common Grounds to call our fellowship time; my personal favorite was He Brews - but that didn't have much of a spiritual meaning, just cute. So Common Grounds it is!

In the next few weeks we have a couples' retreat and a youth conference coming up. We're having fun! I hope you all had a great day today; have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. I think He Brews was very cute, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin