Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday in Review - September 14, 2008

Vermonts Colonial Times by Carl Valente
Vermonts Colonial Times


We had a really good day today! We had beautiful weather - our sunny, warm stretch is quite unusual for this time of year, and we're enjoying immensely - and we had a good number of people in church this morning. Even Bob, our member who was injured in an attack several weeks ago, was able to be there this morning. It was so good to see him back in his place.

We're trying something new in Sunday school for the next few weeks. Beth helped some friends at another church with their VBS this summer and taught a class on a couple of days. She enjoyed it, so I asked Wes if she could alternate with me for several weeks at a time in teaching Sunday school. He agreed, so she started last week. She is doing well with it and getting some good experience. I also enjoy getting to listen to my husband preach, an added bonus for me! After this series on the book of Judges, I'll pick up again and teach on Ruth.

One of our visitors from Friend Day came back today! That was exciting to see.

I really enjoy the fall season. We have a Couples' Retreat coming up, and we begin thinking toward our annual ladies' Christmas Tea and our Pastor's Open House. Our church anniversary is just around the corner too, in February. Youth activities and Gym Nights have started again, and our annual trip to the Northwest Youth Conference in Portland, OR is in November. So there's plenty of good times coming up. Busy is good!

I hope to get back to posting regularly now that school is in session and things seem to be settling down again. Thanks for your patience - and for coming back! ;) Have a good week!

4 comments:

  1. The Sunday School trade-off sounds like a great idea!

    I have a little award for you today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish I could have gone to Church yesterday! I missed it so!
    I've had the stomach flu...ugg!

    We have a "pig roast" coming in October...that along with a singing should be pretty fun...LOL!

    I'm supposed to help with a wedding shower this next Saturday too!

    A Ladies Christmas tea sounds wonderful!

    It is good to hear the man that was injured is back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a lovely Sunday! It's good to see visitors return!

    God bless you ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How encouraging to have a visitor from Friend Day return!

    Sounds like the *busy* season has started up again. Oh, wait a minute. It never ends, does it? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin