Monday, September 29, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my Window... It's a bright, sunny day, and very warm for this time of year in Vancouver. This has been the warmest, driest autumn since we got here, and we're lovin' it! I'm enjoying one little tree outside my kitchen window that has wonderful color each fall. With all the evergreens, we don't get the variety of fall colors that other areas have, so this tree is a favorite to look at when I'm working in the kitchen.

I am thinking... About church stuff - music, upcoming events, my next Sunday school series (Beth's first teaching rotation will be over in 2 more weeks, so it will be my turn again)

From the learning rooms... Noun clauses have reared their ugly heads within the past week, but I think they're subdued for a while now! ;) Beth is taking World History this year, and each morning as we read the Bible in our family devotions, she has something to add from secular history that relates to what we've read that day - makes very interesting discussions and shows me that she's learning and applying what she's learning.

I am thankful for... the extended summer weather we're having!

From the kitchen... I had to fix tonight's meal yesterday, because that roast I just knew was in the freezer - wasn't! So I'm mulling over my menu for the week to see what I want to make tonight. And you all thought I was so organized! ;)

I am wearing... a long khaki skirt, brown t-shirt, and my walking shoes

I am reading... nothing other than my Bible today

I am hoping... that I can record Samuel's performance in the Tom Malone play - it's scheduled for a night when we'll be out of town for a youth conference.

I am creating... Christmas cards and a little box of 3x3 cards to offer in my Etsy shop

I am hearing... Andrew typing as he does his school work

Around the house... Having some difficulties with our washer and fridge. Praise the Lord we're renting and we don't have to worry about paying for repairs out of our pocket!

One of my favorite things... A good, decent movie on TV. Beth and I watched Sense and Sensibility last night without having to worry about anything popping up that we would have to change the channel for. I wish there were more things like that on TV.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... I want to write a couple of blog entries that have been brewing in the back of my mind for the past couple of weeks which will show just how politically incorrect I am (not about the election, though). I also want to get some more items made and listed in my Etsy shop, and have a new piano arrangement ready to play for Sunday morning's offertory. I need to write and send some notes in the mail this week, and I need to get to the gym at least 3 times this week - I only made it there once last week, and my blood sugar is showing it.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

This is one of the views we enjoy near our home, walking toward our little shopping centre where we do our banking, buy our produce, and go to the library. I love all the views we have of this mountain, depending on the position of the sun, clouds, fog - it's a different view every time!

6 comments:

  1. Sense and Sensibility is my favorite movie. We're doing world history too. We're at Egypt now.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo pretty picture! I would love walking around that area as well of my town looked like that. :)

    Happy last day of September!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're just starting to see some leaves turn and fell a little coolness. Thankfully it hasn't been too cold -- I love this nice in between weather.

    I love Sense and Sensibility.

    You mentioned in a comment on my blog my thoughts being clear -- I am glad they seem that way to readers! They're not so clear as they are swirling around in my mind and making their way out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allyjo, thanks for stopping by! My daughter and I love S&S, but my boys (both teens) run and gag! LOL

    Dawn, it IS nice to walk here, unless it's raining and cold - which is quite a large portion of the fall, winter, and spring! Hence the gym membership.

    Barbara, I miss my east coast falls! Wes and I married the second weekend in October, at the peak of the season for color in SC/NC, and I loved looking out over the hills on our honeymoon. Your thoughts come out clear, at least. I sit down to write and can't get the words out on the screen. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you in vancouver, WA or Canada...either way, that photo is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jean Ann, I'm in Vancouver, Canada, and it is so gorgeous here! We lived in Texas for 14 years, so we love love love the scenery up here! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin