Monday, September 22, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook


For September 22, 2008

Outside My Window...

It's a beautiful fall day - sun shining through the trees, a chill in the air


I am thinking...

About the party we're having tonight for the kids - their friends are invited over to watch the first pre-season Canucks hockey game, with food and everything! ;) And a couple of adults are coming too - yay! We'll have 14 people here tonight!


I am thankful for...

The good services we've had at church lately - good preaching and a sweet spirit in each service


From the kitchen...

Tonight we're having sub sandwiches, chips, veggies, and dessert - all chipping in together for lots of goodies


I am wearing...

A khaki skirt, green striped top, and brown mules


I am creating...

Cards! I've had cards on the brain the past couple of weeks. Here lately I've been making Christmas cards from old ones that I've cut apart to use certain elements. They're turning out cute! I'm not sure if I should try to sell them or use them myself, though.


I am going...

To the store in a bit to get the bread for tonight's sandwiches, and Beth and I are going to get our hair cut today


I am reading...

How to Have a 48-Hour Day by Don Aslett


I am hoping...

That our church is beginning to grow. We've worked hard for the past 3 years, and it's exciting to see the numbers begin to go up!


I am hearing...

The dishwasher running


Around the house...

This week I'll work in our master bedroom and ensuite bath. Today I'll clean out our file cabinet and put everything in our "new" one that Wes got for free on Craigslist Friday.


One of my favorite things...

Lighting candles when the rain starts in the fall - it always feels the coziest then!


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

Wes begins a new Bible study Wednesday night; I hope to make more cards to sell; I have a doctor's appointment Wednesday afternoon


Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:



Furry little friends who come visit - this was in the back yard of our first house here

For more inspiration from others' Simple Woman's Daybooks, please visit The Simple Woman.

4 comments:

  1. What a cute picture, Susan! Thanks for sharing your Daybook with us. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just beginning to feel a little fallish here -- loved the bit of coolness in the air this morning.

    Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan, thank you for visiting my blog, it's nice to meet you! I hope you have a blessed week ahead.
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs C - those raccoons are cute enough, but they are mean! LOL They also love to get into my trash.

    Barbara, we've had such beautiful weather this fall. We're still enjoying temps in the low 60s during the day, and most days have been sunny. However, the rain is coming tomorrow and Thursday!

    Hi, Kelli! I have been enjoying your blog for the past few weeks, and I just love how simple and real your home and decorating are. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin