Friday, September 19, 2008

A Couple of Awards

I am behind with acknowledging a couple of blog awards. I'm always pleased to receive them, and then I forget to take the time to go back and get them and show them to you as a way of thanking those who think so kindly of me.

One that was given to me a few weeks ago is from a lady I've met here. She goes to Greater Vancouver Baptist Church, which sponsored us into Canada as religious workers, and she's a fantastic Stampin' Up demonstrator. Her blog is one that I follow and just drool over the sweet things she makes from card stock and decorative paper. The award she so graciously gave me is "You Inspire Me" which really should be one that I give to her! She does beautiful work, and she is a good friend to boot! ;) Thank you, Deanna!

The other is from my sweet blog friend, Barbara H. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Barbara has been a huge blessing to me in the time I've been reading her blog. It really is amazing how you can find people online that you just have a connection to, and Barbara is one of those people. She lives in an area of the US that we get to visit sometimes, and one day I hope to meet her in person. The award she gave me is one that seems to be Portuguese in origin, so I'm glad it was translated for us . . . “To translate the gift from Portuguese to English, it means:”This blog invests and believes, the proximity” [meaning, that blogging makes us 'close' -being close through proxy] How awesome is that?? They all are charmed with the blogs, where in the majority of its aims are to show the marvels and to do friendship; there are persons who are not interested when we give them a prize, and then they help to cut these bows; do we want that they are cut, or that they propagate? Then let’s try to give more attention to them! So with this prize we must deliver it to 8 bloggers that in turn must make the same thing and put this text.” Thank you for another sweet remembrance, Barbara!

I ask you both to please forgive me for taking so long to acknowledge your kindness, and thank you once again for thinking of me!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,
    We made it through Ike. We are now in the repair and clean up phase. I have been posting the process on my blog.
    I have enjoy catching up with you.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Elizabeth! I've been keeping up with you. We have friends in Pasadena with whom we kept in touch too. I hope you're all doing well - it's good to see you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin