Wednesday, September 03, 2008

School Has Started!

We've gotten another school year successfully started. With older kids, it's not the hyper excitement I have to drum up anymore; now it's more like reasoning with them to convince them that they love learning and having plenty to do. I believe both kids have settled in pretty good, and it looks to be a good year. My high schoolers are working hard!

Along with their school work comes more work for me, of course. And yesterday, on the first day of school, my husband surprised me by switching me to another computer. It's not a hassle! I love the new setup . . . but it means that my computer life is up in the air right now. Which means that my computer time is taken up by making sure everything is working how I want it to, getting used to a whole new system, and installing programs and stuff like that, leaving little time for blogging. So I am taking a back-to-school new-computer-setup break for a few days, just to get back on my computer feet and keep the rest of life running smoothly. I'll be back!

6 comments:

  1. I'm finishing up my scheduling this week so we will start school on Monday. I would have started this week, but it's been harder this year since my son is playing football with the local public high school. They practice EVERY day, except Sunday, plus have games. *sigh* I'm overwhelmed with all this, if you want to know the truth! LOL

    This is my last year of homeschooling as my youngest is a Senior this year. I'm looking forward to having a wonderful last year with him in our schooling.

    I'm so glad things are going well for you! How fun to have a new computer - but I know - it's hard to get used to a new system.

    God bless you ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear your back-to-homeschool is going well.
    I hope you enjoy getting your new computer system set up. What a blessing!

    ~ Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Schooling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you dropped by. I hope you have a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We started school this week too. So far, so good. I have the fun combo of getting the youngers excited and convincing the high schooler to just do it. I am looking forward to it though...I think it will be our best year yet (I hope).

    How exciting about the new computer set up!

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for stopping by while I'm getting all set up. I keep finding things I need to change or set up differently than before - I don't think I'll ever be done! LOL

    Things are going well, though, and I keep thinking of things I need to blog. Hopefully I'll be back to blogging regularly again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin