Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday in Review - August 24, 2008

Rainy Vancouver weather is back! Despite the rain, the day was fairly warm, and we had a nice crowd at church this morning. We had one first-time visitor today, and although we've contacted all the visitors from Friend Day, none of them have come for a second visit yet. We'll keep praying for them, though.

Wes and I were so glad to have our two boys home this Sunday! Samuel has been home all week, and Andrew got home yesterday. I've been getting lots of hugs and hearing lots of testosterone-induced foolishness throughout the house for the past 24 hours! ;) The boys have both worked hard all summer, and now they're full of play. Play that insists on each outdoing the other. Anyway, it was good for our entire family to be together at church this morning. Samuel lead the singing this morning, by request of our regular song leader, and then he preached tonight - and did an excellent job, I might add.

We got a call this morning during breakfast, the call that all pastors dread. One of our men went to his son's university football game last night. After the game, the son went off with some of his friends, leaving his dad alone between the stadium and the parking lot. Somewhere between the stadium and parking lot someone attacked the dad, beating him and leaving him lying in the bushes surrounding the parking lot all night. His wife was at home asleep and didn't realize he wasn't there until he came to enough to call her to come and get him. When she found him, he was bleeding from his ears and couldn't stay awake, so she took him to the hospital. He doesn't have any serious head injuries, but he is having trouble with his short-term memory, like what happened and what day it is, and he has several broken ribs and lots of bruises. He is spending the night in the hospital for observation and a few more tests tomorrow morning. Please pray for Bob and his family. He should be able to come home tomorrow.

We have a busy week coming up, a day with old friends on Tuesday, Wes and the boys flying to Lancaster on Wednesday, and Wes and Andrew driving Sam's car back home on Thursday. I dread saying goodbye to our boy again so soon, but I'm so grateful for this week we had with him. I hope you will all have a good week, too! Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Having three boys of my own, one just back from a summer away, I can imagine the testosterone-induced foolishness you are thinking of!

    I am so sorry to hear of the man in your church being attacked! Hope he recovers well both physically and mentally -- I imagine the family is pretty shaken up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you've had some time with your boys! My 'boy' is married and living two provinces away, so I know what it's like to have them home even for a short time! Having three little brothers here, means it's also very noisy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a good Lord's day too...our Pastor baptized 18 people!
    The Lord just continues to bless and He will bless you too, I just know it!

    I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your Church member...it is an awful world we live in at time...I feel we are closer to the end than ever before.

    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!

    Glad you have your boys safe and sound. But, how awful for Bob to have this experience. What a miracle he is alive! I will be praying for him.

    Take Care,

    Trixie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin