Monday, August 25, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

August 25, 2008

Outside My Window...

Mixed sun and clouds - it's a warm day, but not too hot, very pleasant!

I am thinking...

About our trip to Tacoma tomorrow

I am thankful for...

My boys safely home!

From the kitchen...

Today is grilled pork chops

I am wearing...

A khaki skirt and brown t-shirt with lace trim

I am creating...

At the moment, nothing - later this week I'll have time to do some sewing

I am going...

To the little shopping centre down the street to go to the library, produce market, and department store to find a baby gift

I am reading...

Still trying to read The Birthright and In Defense of Food (didn't get much read in them last week)

I am hoping...

That Andrew's sign language course comes this week - school starts next Tuesday

I am hearing...

Cars on the highway again - I really do need to get a life! LOL The boys were playing darts down here a few minutes ago, and that made some noise!

Around the house...

Wednesday I'll be getting our house back in order, after just maintaining basic order for a week. Time to get back to work!

One of my favorite things...

Getting mail - real mail!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

Tacoma tomorrow, then back home to finish final preparations for school and try to get into school mode in my routines

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


This is my latest rescue - a fluffy, curly light blue violet - she only cost me 84 cents, but she's been blooming and blooming for me

4 comments:

  1. That blue violet is just gorgeous! I had a lavender and pink one that grew leaves well, but no flowers after the initial ones died off.

    I love getting actual mail, too -- unfortunately it doesn't happen much any more! My mil used to be one of the few faithful letter writers, but now that she has moved here that has come to an end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your daybook. I love the violet. And what a deal.
    I enjoyed readng your blog and your thoughts about modest dressing. I love mail too.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Have a Blessed week.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, I love the ruffly petals on this violet. My Grandma grew tons of violets, all sitting on a plant stand in front of an eastern window, so that's what I do. They bloom and bloom there, and I just water them once a week.

    Sherry, thanks so much for stopping by and taking some time to look around a bit. I hope you'll come back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! "Wes" is me - Susan! I forgot I was on his computer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin