Monday, July 21, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook


A little bit late today . . . had some errands earlier this morning.

For July 21, 2008

Outside My Window...

Warm, wonderful sunshine, fewer weeds than last week thanks to our landlord - he's such a hard worker!

I am thinking...

About all the activities coming up in the next 6 weeks or so - kids coming home, friends visiting, church functions

I am thankful for...

Some new music, both recorded and written, that my husband brought home for me from the conference last week

From the kitchen...

Today is meatballs and gravy for lunch and a chicken caesar salad for dinner (my menu plan is posted on my homemaking blog)

I am wearing...

A brown t-shirt with some lace detail on it (love it!), a denim skirt, socks and tennis shoes

I am creating...

Well. I tried to cut out the dress I wanted to make on Saturday, only to find that I had looked at the wrong information on the pattern back and didn't have enough fabric. So now, this week I'm going to get the other two pattern tissues cut apart and hopefully at least begin one of them. But you know me . . . I also opened an Etsy shop, but don't have anything in it, so I need to make a few things to try it out and see what happens; I'm thinking purses or bags, maybe. Turns out there's more to Etsy than making something and posting it. Go figure.

I am going...

Nowhere else today! I picked up a girl for camp at the ferry terminal this morning, and I took her and Beth to the church for camp, then went to the gym. I'm all done with going places today. I hope.

I am reading...

Not reading anything currently - surprise!

I am hoping...

That I will be productive this week. I'm tired of just getting the basics done. That also means staying off this computer!

I am hearing...

Wes working in our bedroom/his office. The office side of things was getting a little wild, so he's straightening it up for me.

Around the house...

This week's FlyLady cleaning zone is the master bedroom, so I'll be working in there. Wes will be working in the back yard to clear out some more weeds.

One of my favorite things...

A new favorite - sugar-free caramel frappucino from Starbucks. I got one last Monday when Beth and I were out shopping, and I love it. I'm so glad Starbucks is giving more options for those of us who need to be sugar-free!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

I need to plan, plan, plan for our Friend Day. I'll have Sam's tour group here, which is six guys including him. I'm responsible for feeding them on Saturday night and Sunday morning, and for fixing my share of the potluck meal for Sunday afternoon (all of this is the second weekend in August, so plenty of time to plan). Add to that the general craziness involved in a meal at church when we have to take everything ourselves, down to the salt and pepper, and it has the potential to be a stress-laden meltdown of a weekend, even though I get to see my boy. So my answer is: plan my work and work my plan. I also need to focus on school a little bit this week; the bits and pieces of curriculum we need are trickling in.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...(add your picture here)

From our date last Friday night . . .

For more Simple Woman's Daybook entries, please visit The Simple Woman.

5 comments:

  1. Wow lovely sunset! And I guess it's your place for lunch? lol

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture......so Etsy is more work...ALOT of work????....I have been wondering *myself*......
    I have been stitching so much....
    maybe I should check it out..
    gotta think about that one...
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, thanks so much for stopping by! Come on over for lunch anytime! ;)

    Deby, what I meant by "more work" is that I need to determine my shipping policies and things like that. It's about the same as Ebay, I think, as far as listing and shipping and all that. I have a little bit different situation being so close to the US, where I can ship from here or there - and I need to get all my ducks in a row before I just slap something on there to sell. Probably not a huge deal to anyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an award for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, I have just now gotten online; I'll be over as soon as I can! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin