Sunday, July 06, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

For more Simple Woman's Daybook entries, please visit The Simple Woman

For July 7, 2008...

Outside My Window...

The sun is shining amongst a few high clouds; the side yard is full of weeds, but also with white daisies, purple foxglove, queen anne's lace, and several other kinds of wildflowers that I have no idea what they are. The flowers almost make the weeds pretty! Oh, and it's warm today, but not too hot

I am thinking...

About my kitchen and what I need to clean in there this week

I am thankful for...

My daughter being back home this week . . . only to leave again in two weeks, going to camp. She's excited.

From the kitchen...

Oatmeal with apples and walnuts this morning; leftovers from the weekend for dinner today (not very exciting, is it?)

I am wearing...

A black knee-length skirt and red polo shirt

I am creating...

Bowing my head in shame . . . still no dresses . . . but I've been getting lots of grading and studying done!

I am going...

To work hard this morning so I can do some more studying this afternoon; I also must get back to the gym this week, starting today

I am reading...

Still reading The Sacred Shore - I didn't get as much time to read last week as I had hoped

I am hoping...

That next year's curriculum will arrive within the next week . . . we have a busy month of August coming up, and I'd love to get next year's lessons installed and ready to go before the boys come home

I am hearing...

The house is quiet once again today (no boys at home!) - the ever-present traffic on the highway just beyond our yard

Around the house...

This week I'm working in my kitchen, a la FlyLady - I'm decluttering and reorganizing cabinets and thoroughly cleaning as much as I can

One of my favorite things...

Reading in my favorite chair in the evening

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

We don't have a lot of plans for this week - just the everyday things of living - watching some movies that Beth borrowed from a friend, girly stuff that the guys wouldn't like

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


8 comments:

  1. Love the picture...how nice you and your daughter can spend some time together!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture, Susan...
    We too are enjoying the summer
    warmth.
    Don't worry about the dresses...first things have to come first...
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faith, thanks for stopping by! Yes, I do enjoy my daughter. I'm so glad that her absences are only temporary right now; in a few more years, she'll be grown and married!

    Deby, the weather has been close to perfect, hasn't it?! I straightened up my sewing area this morning and got out my fabric and pattern for one of the dresses. They're sitting on the ironing board . . . waiting! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great daybook, I enjoyed reading it :)

    Love the picture you shared, nature is truly amazing isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a stack of papers to grade tonight too.

    I understand you missing Beth, Syd works at Jo Anns right now, trying to save for a car and college, I miss her when she is gone. I can hardly think how it will be when moves away :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Sandra! Thanks for stopping by. Yes, I love to look at all of God's scenery - always beautiful!

    Margaret, I can't believe these kids are all working now! Weren't they just little guys running around our feet not long ago?!! Speaking of guys growing up, the Davillas are coming to see us next month, along with a few teens from where they're going to church now. They're coming at just the right time, when Sam and Andrew will both be home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty flowers! I want to use this summer to declutter, but not much has gotten done so far. Hopefully, I'll get a few things done next week.

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. I love reading in my favorite spot in the evenings, too!

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin