Friday, July 25, 2008

News Flash!

I cut out a dress! Yes I did! Finally. I'm working on New Look 6803, view B (upper right corner), in a tiny purple floral print on beige. The fabric is lightweight and slightly stretchy, so I think it's going to be comfortable. I lengthened the pattern by 3 inches. I figured I could always cut more off, but I can't add any more on once it's cut. I'm smart like that.

Beth got home from camp today, still hyper from all the excitement and snack-shop sugar. I noticed about an hour ago that she has calmed down quite a bit and is now lying on the love seat. If she goes to sleep there, we'll never get her up the stairs. She's a heavy sleeper; once she's asleep, she's pretty much dead to the world.

She had a great time at camp. She loves getting to be with her friends, and they stay so busy working, helping the adult counselors, that they don't have time to get into any mischief. Not that most of these girls would get into mischief - they're a pretty good bunch of girls. Anyway, they're well-supervised and working hard, and they love it. She said there were about 4 or 5 children saved this week.

Tomorrow will be a day to distribute flyers for our upcoming Friend Day at church. We expect a couple of our church families to be out with us tomorrow, and a few more next week. I have one of my Friend Day potluck meals already prepared and in the freezer, a couple of crockpots' worth of Egg Noodle Lasagna. Earlier this week I browned all the ground beef and packaged it together with all the cheese, and the spaghetti sauce and egg noodles are in the pantry. Next week I'll prepare the filling for two pans of Chicken Pot Pie and freeze those. All I'll need to do to get my main dishes ready is thaw the ingredients, put them together in their pans, and heat them. This is the first time I've ever been this prepared!

That's all for tonight. I'm going to mark my pattern pieces and hopefully get a few stitches in before bed. Have a great weekend!

Pattern picture from Simplicity Patterns.

4 comments:

  1. wooohoooo...hooray for you..I bet it feels good to get this done...
    hope Beth made it up to bed..must have been the sugar..and camp...and being a teenager...
    Deby
    another sunshine day.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a really cute dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that pattern you're working on. You'll have to "model" the dress for us when you're finished.
    :)

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deby, Beth did fine and went to bed about 10:00. She was tired this morning, though!

    Theresa, I love the look of the dress, but it remains to be seen if it will look good ON me.

    Kristi, I will model it, but I won't make any promises that it will look good! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin