Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Quirky Self

Ok. Rita of Jungle Hut fame tagged me for this meme. It's been a while since I've done one, so I figured why not? Might as well keep it real. Here are the rules:

1) Link to the person who tagged me.
2) Mention the rules.
3) Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about myself.
4) Tag 6 other blogger´s by linking to them.
5) Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they’ve been tagged.

So here goes . . .

1. Hearing people chew their food or smack their lips sends me to the edge of insanity. My children love to smack their lips at odd times, because it immediately gets a reaction from me. My family especially loves sharing a pack of gum in the car. You know how the first few chews are really juicy and sweet? They like to smack and "mmmm" all together to drive Mama crazy. And it's not very far to Crazy.
2. I love to fill out forms, like when you apply for something or go to a new doctor. There's just something about that fresh, empty form that I just love. And then I love to fill it up. I miss doing it for my children now that they're old enough to fill out their own forms.
3. All of the toiletries must have their lids. I broke the flip lid on a brand new, huge bottle of body wash a few weeks ago, and it drove me crazy not to be able to close it. Again, not far to Crazy.
4. I can't whistle or raise one eyebrow, but I can flare my nostrils. A rare talent, indeed.
5. I get eggs out of the carton in a particular order, from one end, then the other, till the eggs are only in the middle of the carton.
6. Bath towels have to be folded the the right way, which is the way I like them: fold in half once, then again, then turn lengthwise and fold in thirds. I taught my children to fold them this way, but their dad hasn't caught on, even after 23 years of marriage. But if he folds the towels, I just say "Thank you for folding the towels, Honey!" Because my honey is more important than the towels.

But I'm not that generous with the lip smackin'. It has to stop. Immediately. Just so you know.

I tag these bloggers:

Deby from Apples of Gold
Julia from My Bloomin' Life
Sarah from Sarah Joy's Corner
Kristi from Thimble Thoughts
Margaret from Hearts and Home
Tori from A Home Away From Home

8 comments:

  1. Okay..I'm with you on the lip smacking and the towels! If everyone in my house wasn't sleeping I'd have yelled YES! when I read the way you fold towels...the right way, the only proper way!! LOL...okay, maybe I should be sleeping too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Not too far to crazy" -- LOL! Sometimes I've said, when someone in the house says something about being driven crazy, "At least it's a short trip!"

    I agree about the lip smacking and chewing!

    I like the way you have the "Worth the read" section set up. I might try that. Did you do it manually ir is it a widget?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you really are a bit quirky!!
    Loved reading about you and thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace...you are so clever....! These Meme's are a lot of fun...but they are a lot of work too, huh???

    Nice to look around. ou have a very nice Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deborah, I knew I was right about the towels! ;)

    Barbara, go to your "settings" tab on del.icio.us and scroll down to where it says "Blogging." There you will find a link that says "link rolls" - click on that and it will have the instructions for customizing your link roll and installing it on your blog. It is a widget provided by del.icio.us with the code for you to install on your blog. I also saw some other things on my settings page that I'm going to check out; I haven't been to that page in a long time and didn't know all the stuff they have for blogs. I even set up separate link rolls for this blog and my homemaking blog by setting the tags to only "homemaking" for my other blog. It's pretty easy to customize.

    Tori, what do you mean, I'm quirky?!! ;) I will come and see just how quirky you are, girly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you on #5, I do that too. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nina, your comment must have been coming in when I was posting my latest one! Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me know you were here. Memes do take me a little time, because I can't just answer something, I have to embellish it - my natural craving for talking, I guess.

    Michele, I saw your meme and that you are picky about how your eggs come out of the carton too. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the info. about del.icio.us. I'll check it out. WordPress doesn't allow anything with javascript, so I am afraid it will probably have that and I won;t be able to use it. :-( But I'll see.

    Oh, I meant to say, too, I am the opposite about eggs. I start taking from the middle, alternating between which end, so that there is close to the same number on each end so it's not weighted more heavily at one end or the other (which would cause me to almost drop it when getting it out of the frig.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin