Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Dress

In Stitches by Susan Eby Glass
In Stitches

I have the dress almost finished, just the sleeves and hem to put in. I tried it on to see how it looked, and . . . well, on my not-size-2 body it looks like a nightgown! Ack! I was making it for wearing around the house, and that's definitely what it will be. Wes said it looks like the dresses his mom used to wear on Sunday morning when she was getting ready for church. You know the kind. My mother wore them too. They're great for wearing over your good dress or up until you put on your dress for church.

I will model it when it's done, because it is cute. I love the little pleats at the neckline. And of course, I haven't put the sleeves in or hemmed it yet. Most things look better when they're completely done. I'm just impatient; I had to see it on me!

Have a great weekend! I'm tired. It's been a busy day, and it started early. See ya!

8 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait! I love the style, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your description made me giggle! I bet it's cute b/c the fabric sounds cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know...my mom and grandma's called them their House-dress...and I think that is what is somewhat missing...and probably it is very modest...and comfortable..and how cute..tie a apron on and go for it..I would probably wear it out...flips flops...why not..as long as it is modest...
    Can't wait to see it..
    Deby
    BTW...size 2....I was BORN bigger than that..LOL...for me you need to add another number AFTER the 2...sorry to say...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tori, It's cute, but in a very casual way! LOL

    Hi, Leah! I do love the fabric. That's one good thing.

    Deby, I had to giggle at being born bigger than a size 2! LOL The dress is good for a house dress, and I may wear it out somewhere, sometime. Flip flops would be perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan....it sounds adorable. I can't wait to see it. You may feel differently about it once you get the sleeves on it and it is completely finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've enjoyed your blog for sometime, but don't think I ever commented. The dress looks cute. Maybe a belt of some kind would help. I had to laugh at the house dress description. I know them well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see it!

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:30 AM

    I bet the summer dress is very cute on you and can't wait to see it. Again, I enjoy your blog so much...a little bit of everything...humor, encouragement, Biblical principles, homemaking tips and recipes, crafts...just everything. Thank you for posting so faithfully. V.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin